Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The power plant in out Teslas are actually Boxer (or perhaps Inline? I've never actually looked) 6000 - 8000 cylinder monstrosities. I saw this earlier today, someone on reddit mentioned going from 8 cylinders to zero and one of the responses was instead of losing 8 cylinders he gained thousands!

On Sunday we went to OMSI in Portland for the Pompeii exhibit (definitely worth it) and they have two spots dedicated to EV parking with chargers. I didn't notice them until after we parked, but it was kind of hard to miss them when we got out of the car because we were two spots over from them. I wouldn't have taken one of the spots anyway as I still had 240 miles of range and it was only 25 miles home. Leave it for someone who needs it.

The two cars in there were a plug in hybrid and an eGolf, but when we left, there was a champagne metallic Model S 85D plugged in. My SO hadn't seen the color before and thought it was interesting, but I noticed the mirrors weren't folded. I though they started adding the folded mirrors before the dual motor came out. I wonder if the folding mirrors were broken or the owner forgot to lock the car?

The two cars in there were a plug in hybrid and an eGolf, but when we left, there was a champagne metallic Model S 85D plugged in. My SO hadn't seen the color before and thought it was interesting, but I noticed the mirrors weren't folded. I though they started adding the folded mirrors before the dual motor came out. I wonder if the folding mirrors were broken or the owner forgot to lock the car?

I think auto-folding mirrors is an optional setting so that owner may have set it for manual fold.

Past August we did Portugal - Germany - Portugal for 28 days, traversing Portugal, Spain and France (and back) to visit Germany in our Model S 85D. We drove a total of 11027 km (approximately 6892 mi). Almost at every Supercharger, other drivers - most of them German drivers - would come to ask about the car, "You are so far away from home, how do you do it?". Or "How long does it take to charge?". Or "What's the range?"
One person in particular added lots of other questions, about maintenance, consumption, speed, acceleration... At one point my answers must have been too precise for him, he said / asked:
- I work for BMW, do you work for Tesla?
- No, I'm just a happy Tesla owner!

I wouldn't have taken one of the spots anyway as I still had 240 miles of range and it was only 25 miles home. Leave it for someone who needs it.

Great idea, great consideration. Good man.

IMHO, all tesla owners should be considerate of the needs of other, less-capable EVs. With an exception for emergency charging, of course.

Alan

Agreed. There are only a couple of EV charging spots at Dulles Airport (IAD) and I have only parked there once. Always disheartening to see Teslas parked there -- especially when they aren't even plugged in. Just seem to want to park close to the terminal. I'd like to see the the EV charging spots moved farther from the terminal and more of them installed. That way people would park there when they need to charge vs. just for convenience. Would also like to see more spots that can access/use a 120V outlet. When I go on a trip for 10 days or whatever, would love to just plug it in but don't need anything but a trickle charge...alas all the outlets I've seen in the garages at Dulles are marked "not for public use" although I've never seen anything plugged in them. Am wondering if I'd get yelled at if I did plug in to one of them....

A TSLA shareholder who had yet to see the product he had invested in stopped by for a look while I was moving propane tank and gas cans in and out of the frunk at the gas station. We don’t have a lot of Teslas here and to see an X just made his day. While I was inside paying for my carbon fuels he was crawling around on the ground looking underneath and we all nodded understandingly through the window. He lamented not having a reservation for the M3 already but his stock is doing well. I suspect by time time he can order an M3 with a short delivery time his stock will be doing very well.

If memory serves me right any Tesla stock holder ordering a M3 automatically goes to the head of the line. Don't matter if you have 1 share or 10,000.

Just another perk from Tesla.

If memory serves me right any Tesla stock holder ordering a M3 automatically goes to the head of the line. Don't matter if you have 1 share or 10,000.

Just another perk from Tesla.
1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004d37ccf0098303a.jpg

On the chance you're not joking, no, shareholders do NOT get special treatment for M3 orders.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
My city still has them, but mostly seasonal events that are free to attend. It's pretty awesome and I highly recommend attending in an electric car at some point!

Drive in movie theater is open in Weirs Beach, New Hampshire and at Milford, New Hampshire.

Check around your state as while they might seem old fashioned are a great way to go to the movies with the kids and still have a great time with the wife. Here in New Hampshire both still have a kids playground in front of the screen and it's an excellent way to let the kids tire themselves out before the second feature starts..

Ha! My wife has gone from finding it funny/cute that i park wayyyy over there when the car was brand new, to rolling her eyes, to now just being resigned to the fact that I am still keeping it up.
I expect that a lot of Tesla owners practice "defensive parking" to prevent door dings — I certainly do! I don't mind a longer walk.

Great idea, great consideration. Good man.

IMHO, all tesla owners should be considerate of the needs of other, less-capable EVs. With an exception for emergency charging, of course.

Alan

I don't want to take advantage of any perk I don't need if I might be otherwise denying someone else who does need it. To me that's just common sense. It's probably also a good ad for Tesla to have a Tesla parked near the EV chargers and not using them. :)

If I had plugged in I would have been able to recharge the car, but 30 miles of range is about $0.80 out of my pocket. I've literally found more than that dropped around the house by house guests in the last couple of months.

Arrive in Hope, BC to Supercharge. Sleepy town, but decide to take a walk around the downtown only to discover that Hope is celebrating the 35th anniversary of the first Rambo movie which was filmed in the town. No wonder this place looks familiar! Get to tell my kids all about a movie I enjoyed watching when I was their age. In a regular car I would have driven past and missed a cool bit of pop-culture. Supercharger stops are often great opportunities to discover things off the beaten path.