Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I just had my car delivered on June 20, but I was gone for the week so I didn't get to drive it to work ever. Today was my second day driving it to work. I work in a mostly-empty office building, but it is slowly filling up, which means new tenants in the building. For a while now, we've had some woman park in a corner of the parking lot where I would usually park. She would take up two spots with her new car, which was a mid-range sedan (don't remember the type). On the way out of work today, I noticed her and some other woman standing by her car talking for a while. I had been parking my car nearby, so I passed them on the way to my car. I got in and called my boyfriend before I left because I needed to talk to him about something. That's when a police officer pulled up. He got out of his car and went and spoke with the women for a bit. Then he went back to his car, checked something, then walked over to mine. I had to quickly hang up the phone. He had me roll my window down and said "Nice car you have there!" I said "Thank you sir" He then said "Can I see your license and registration please?" This confused me a little, but I figured something had happened nearby and he wanted to know if I was a witness. After I handed him the license and the registration, he told me what was really up. "Someone" had called them about a "suspicious" car in the parking lot that had been there two days, which was mine. I couldn't believe it. After this, I ended up showing him all around the car. He was blown away. I would have loved to give him a ride in it, but I had to go and he had other calls to get to. On the way out of the parking lot, it hit me at just how absurd the whole thing was. Someone had to have been really jealous to call the cops on a car sitting in the parking lot. So yeah, that's my first Tesla moment, lol.

I confirmed my P85 last month, June 14th but had not taken a test drive. So the next Tuesday my wife and I went to Scottsdale to drive an 85 and a P85. After my wife drove the 85 we had to go back and wait for the P to get back. There were 2 high school boys sitting in the MC Red in the showroom. Going over to see the color more closely one of the boys asked if we wanted him to get out so we could get in. I said no, we are just waiting to take a test drive. He said he was online last night and picked out his dream car Tesla and would die for a test drive. Just then the salesperson came over and asked if we were ready for out next test drive. I told him we have 2 additional people going. The boys high 5'd one another and had that Tesla Grin. We went for the drive allowing the salesperson to drive the 2nd half and showing what the car would do and he did. The boys got out and hugged both my wife and myself and could not say thank you enough times. No doubt they will be Tesla owners, maybe Model ZZ. That's my Tesla moment and I won't have my car until September, many more to come!!!

Was on a 1500km road trip to Lithuania and back the past weekend and it seems half of Lithuanian roads are currently under construction/repair ;) So behind yet another red light waiting for the merged traffic to pass so that our side could go I noticed that the driver of the Subaru that had been behind me for the past 20-30km was acting strange and it didn't take me long to discover the thin top of an iPhone peeking over his dashboard :D Guess he didn't want to full out snap pictures, but was filming/taking pics of a Model S ;) Can't fault him though. Not sure there are any in Lithuania as they have a total lack of any charging infrastructure (took me some doing to find hotels with charging possible). Also noticed that most cars waiting at the opposite end of those construction zones behind their red light did notice the Model S with most drivers craning their necks to see what car that was ;)

The second fun part at the road trip was the Lithuanian hotel. When I arrived and anxiously went to ask where the charging point was the receptionist called the owner who arrived within minutes. He had a huge grin plastered on his face as he came out of his car with a 3x32A -> 3x16A conversion cable, showed me where the charge point was and arranged for me to park the car so that it's comfortable to charge (not an official parking spot). He then asked for an overview of the car and I found out he'd spent days after I had e-mailed and asked for a room and charging to research the car so he knew already a lot about it :D Didn't want me to sign any paperwork for the hotel room or anything, just asked what kind of room I want and handed over the key :) So anyone traveling to Lithuania can stop at Hotel Pagege and charge happily :)

Oh and the Latvian hotel which I arranged for an intermediate stop actually built a meter and red plug out back just for the purpose of me being able to charge at their hotel. When I arrived and was given the key to the outlet (the breaker was inside a cabinet) I saw that the meter was showing 0.0 kWh :) So we're definitely seeing an impact slowly where hotels start to realize that it's not that hard and add this capability. So Hotel Dobele in Latvia I can confirm works with a Model S :)

I confirmed my P85 last month, June 14th but had not taken a test drive. So the next Tuesday my wife and I went to Scottsdale to drive an 85 and a P85. After my wife drove the 85 we had to go back and wait for the P to get back. There were 2 high school boys sitting in the MC Red in the showroom. Going over to see the color more closely one of the boys asked if we wanted him to get out so we could get in. I said no, we are just waiting to take a test drive. He said he was online last night and picked out his dream car Tesla and would die for a test drive. Just then the salesperson came over and asked if we were ready for out next test drive. I told him we have 2 additional people going. The boys high 5'd one another and had that Tesla Grin. We went for the drive allowing the salesperson to drive the 2nd half and showing what the car would do and he did. The boys got out and hugged both my wife and myself and could not say thank you enough times. No doubt they will be Tesla owners, maybe Model ZZ. That's my Tesla moment and I won't have my car until September, many more to come!!!

I love this story...those boys will remember that for a long, long time!

What a great story. Hope to see you in September when we both have our cars and exchange Tesla grins.

Coming out of Costco with the usual full cart, I saw a man about 20 yards ahead pass by my car, do a double-take, back up and gawk. Unnoticed, silly me pulled out the fob and popped open the trunk in his face (no, he was not that close). The look on his face was priceless and when our gazes met, we both broke out laughing. Turns out he knows about the car but had never seen one this close. So I gave him an abbreviated tour, answered a few questions, and took the opportunity to load the non-perishables in the frunk which made him laugh some more. He walked away with the Tesla grin. My good deed for the day.

In New York city, staying at - of all places - the Wynham New Yorker hotel (three floors up from where Nikola Tesla spent his last 10 years). Yes, I saw the placard on the two rooms he stayed in most of the time.

Wyndham New Yorker hotel - room 3327.JPG

Anyway, after a 15 mile inline skate in Central Park, I noted several Prius yellow cabs with the hood open, when skating back to the hotel. It's 85 or so, typical NY summer temp, so I had to take a picture of one of those stalled Prius:

Prius - under the hood.JPG

Compare that to a Tesla Model S:

tesla_front_trunk_toppick_crop.jpg

As an owner, which of these two "hoods" would you prefer?

A Prius is just an ICE with a stop-start battery assist motor attached. Like peeing to keep your pants warm!

Good for us, Tesla Motors is making the real thing, a real electric car ...

As for a Tesla moment - I rented a car a few days ago, and I was wearing my red Tesla sports "jacket". The rental supervisor saw the Tesla logo and started asking me all kinds of things, clearly filled with enthusiasm - and I told him all he wanted to know, including "You'll have that car for rent here some day" - even though it will be more than a month until I own my own Tesla Model S!

This summer has been full of Tesla moments - from thumbs ups while driving to people asking me to roll down windows while they ask me questions. Yesterday I had two in a row.

I arrived at my car after work with a colleague who I was giving a ride to a local hotel. When we arrived at the car a couple were peering in the windows of my car and staring at the door handles quizzically. As I walked up to the car I said, "I bet we can get those door handles to pop out", which they promptly did as I got close enough. They smiled and then apologized for peering into the car, "but it is so beautiful". I said thank you and no problem at which point they asked what brand of car it was. When I replied Tesla I got a blank stare and the quizzical look was back on their faces. So then they asked where is it from - is it European? Their jaws dropped when I said no American - made in California. Having a bit of fun I asked if they had seen the tailpipes and where the gas cap was hidden. After a brief search I told them it was an electric car. Time for the coup de grâce - I popped the frunk and now everyone is laughing and my colleague (who also had never seen a Tesla) says, "I guess that's where I put my case". The couple said good-bye and thanked me.

A few minutes later when I dropped my colleague off at the hotel, I of course popped the frunk to get her case out. I forgot just how much fun that can be. Two guys sitting waiting for the hotel shuttle turned and stared in amazement as I reached in and got a case out. I couldn't hear their intense conversation as I quietly drove away but could see them turning and staring as I pulled out of the hotel parking lot.

Last edited:
IMG_6119.jpg
A few days ago, showing the car to my neighbor's five-year old son, who has been a car aficionado since the age of 3. My 9-year old son was the one giving the show. My older daughter, and my neighbor's young daughter, are in the background. There is nothing quite like the happy shrieks of children when one hits the accelerator. :)

So yesterday I get in our Model S and reach to the left front corner of the dashboard where I keep my sunglasses when I am not using them. "Umm, where are my sunglasses?" My wife chuckles and says "oh, I took Kathy for a ride today and asked her if she wanted to feel the acceleration". Kathy is a Harley girl so she responded with an "Absolutely!"

So I reach down between the seat and the drivers door, which is where my sunglasses usually end up when I punch it. To no avail. Well it wasn't super sunny yesterday so I just left it go kinda perplexed.

Well this morning I get in the car and it's early morning and I need my sunglasses, so I reach and can't find them again so I stop at the end of our driveway and get out to look under the drivers seat. Not there. After looking around a but more I found them on the floor next to the back seat cup holders. (Side note, those are a waste of $150)

So I say to my wife. "What other type of car could one possibly get that would result in having to look around the back seats for your sunglasses when ones wife shows off the car to her friend."

We all chuckled and our daughter says "you should put that on Tesla Moments."

So here it is. :D

Well Estonia is a non-core market and the amount of Model S's just reached 15 a couple of days ago. I was the first owner so I've been driving around about 7-8 months and only this Tuesday was the first time I happened upon another Model S (a red one) in traffic in a way that wasn't planned (I've met with all owners, but those were all planned). And a couple of hours later drove past a green one :) So seven months without a single random sighting and then two in a single day :) Guess we're getting a population going here :D So for me that was a Tesla moments day :)

I think ROSE BLK is messing with your newbie parking too, matching your angle in the parking lot.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I've been driving a 1998 Lexus GS400 for the last 15 years. Mr. T is 7 inches longer and 6 inches wider, which feels immense to me. Still getting used to the new dimensions.

The lines of the Model S are so sleek, you don't immediately realize that it's actually a BIG car.

In my/our defense, these are EV parking spots, which I think are even smaller than compact spots. EVs have been dinky little things for so long... nobody saw this coming.

Heh. New P85 and already one-upped by a P85+

On a side note: :scared: @ ROSE BLK for attaching more than 1 of the ugly white HOV stickers and doing so on the aluminum body of that beautiful car. Yikes.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the best part: when returning to the car, I was approaching from the left. From that angle, I could only see one car -- and I saw that awful white sticker! At first I thought some prankster had stuck that on MY baby, and I was not amused.

I think ROSE BLK is messing with your newbie parking too, matching your angle in the parking lot.

I find this a very common angle with myself. Driving into the slot, I feel I am going straight but then when I step out, I find that I am angled slightly left. I have yet to find myself angled right. I think it has to do with the shape/proportions of the car from back to front such that the straight-ahead feeling is actually an illusion. Has anybody else encountered this?