Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla navigation - No traffic data.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When taking a long trip recently I noticed that the navigation screen wasn't showing me the lengthy traffic jam that I was in.
Can anyone offer any ideas as to why?
Before anyone asks, yes I am paying for the full data package.
Google maps showed it just fine.

Am I not doing something?

Assuming you have not turned off the live traffic display, there are a number of reasons this could be:
1. Jam was "too new" to be reflect yet in the Tesla data
2. Temporary cell data outage (ATT)
3. Sometimes with Tesla it's "60% of the time, it works every time"

If it persists for more than a few min or a drive, you can reboot the computer (hold down both scroll wheels until screen goes black).

When taking a long trip recently I noticed that the navigation screen wasn't showing me the lengthy traffic jam that I was in.
Can anyone offer any ideas as to why?
Before anyone asks, yes I am paying for the full data package.
Google maps showed it just fine.

Am I not doing something?
Do you have experience using Tesla’s traffic data? Assuming it’s enabled, it is still next to impossible to see on the map. The lines and the contrast are horrible.

Yep, feature needs to be on, and requires premium connectivity. The navigation itself will take traffic into account in any cases, but you wouldn't see it displayed if you don't respect those two conditions. You can control the amount of time to gain by rerouting in your settings.