Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla needs a supercar!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree, but thinking just a one-off or limited edition few... could make for some extra buzz at next major car show ( i.e. Elon helping Boeing w/ batteries), this could be a classic car "redo" - Tesla helps electrify Delorean back-to-life for one lucky car collector...
In terms of a one-off, if a third party contacts Tesla's Powertrain Development and Sales department, Tesla may be willing to do a couple (like they have done for Toyota and Daimler). But Tesla is unlikely to do anything that has Tesla branding.

Tesla needs what they have... A platform.

Now they need to show the world that they can quickiy create a repeatable process for shipping any type of vechile on that platform. A extremely profitable mass production car to compete with the USA and japanese big car companies would be a huge success. The success of this car will build us (model s owners) our Tesla specific electronic fueling infrastructure.

Once they become good at that they can build a sports car spider, truck, large SUV, super car, etc...

Tesla needs a car thats affordable, between 20 and 30k price range and must have about 150 mile range and that should be good enough for most people.i dont know anyone that does 150 miles comute to work on a daily.

I guess we haven't met, and since I am away from home (and a charger for an extended day, don't forget the phantom draw over 12-14 hours)

But please remember, that I am very much the exception!