Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - North Shore Mall Gallery- Peabody

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely coming along. 6 HPWC's up on the left side of the building along with new electrical equipment (fed by a 750 kVA transformer). I don't see any signs of supercharger pedestals which seem possible (likely?) for a service center.
IMG_0069.JPEG

IMG_0074.JPEG

I'm pretty excited to see the Peabody Tesla location finally materializing! Since MINI of Peabody across the street had been my home base for 15 years, where I knew almost all the employees and techs, hopefully this can be home for lots of fun activities and meetups (since I doubt going in for service several times a year isn't half the reason as it was with MINI).

Definitely coming along. 6 HPWC's up on the left side of the building along with new electrical equipment (fed by a 750 kVA transformer). I don't see any signs of supercharger pedestals which seem possible (likely?) for a service center.View attachment 472375
View attachment 472376

Of course Dedham has Superchargers and the service people use them, but as we've seen, that often ties up Superchargers for people coming to the Supercharger to charge. Perhaps Tesla has figured out that destination chargers would basically work as well for service people dealing with cars awaiting service or pickup and at less cost and fuss to Tesla.

Reactions: Castlerock
Of course Dedham has Superchargers and the service people use them, but as we've seen, that often ties up Superchargers for people coming to the Supercharger to charge. Perhaps Tesla has figured out that destination chargers would basically work as well for service people dealing with cars awaiting service or pickup and at less cost and fuss to Tesla.
I was in Dedham over the weekend - if I heard correctly, Peabody is hoping to open for sales before the end of the year and service early next year (I may have that backwards though). Also, while they didn't have any knowledge of superchargers at the Peabody location, they agreed it would make sense to have them at that facility (if not for public use, certainly for service/delivery prep use). The six wall chargers at Peabody are not intended for public use. They also mentioned that Dedham has a few service only private superchargers onsite in addition to the eight out front that clearly are insufficient for deliveries during the quarter end rushes.

Reactions: Farmer
I was in Dedham over the weekend - if I heard correctly, Peabody is hoping to open for sales before the end of the year and service early next year (I may have that backwards though). Also, while they didn't have any knowledge of superchargers at the Peabody location, they agreed it would make sense to have them at that facility (if not for public use, certainly for service/delivery prep use). The six wall chargers at Peabody are not intended for public use. They also mentioned that Dedham has a few service only private superchargers onsite in addition to the eight out front that clearly are insufficient for deliveries during the quarter end rushes.

There is a lager Supercharger in Lynnfield, only a few miles away. It's obviously not ideal but an option.

Not much has changed in Peabody since the last update. Doesn't look like any immanent opening.
View attachment 492422

From a Boston Globe article on the 19th...“The completion of the [new] entrance comes as Tesla is expected soon to open an approximately 25,000-square-foot sales and service center in the former Sears Auto Center, while Life Time is constructing a nearby 114,000-square-foot athletic lifestyle resort.”

Also in terms of the question about Superchargers, Tesla is still permitted to add some in the CVS lot at the North Beverly Plaza 5 miles farther up 128N but no hint of any activity there.

Last edited:
From a Boston Globe article on the 19th...“The completion of the [new] entrance comes as Tesla is expected soon to open an approximately 25,000-square-foot sales and service center in the former Sears Auto Center, while Life Time is constructing a nearby 114,000-square-foot athletic lifestyle resort.”
Thanks - didn't see that. Given the year-end sales push where every car is a candidate for sale (including showroom cars), they'll probably look at opening January/Februrary (2020). I also noticed there haven't been any Tesla job listings for Peabody in some time, probably having completed hiring plus transfers from Watertown/Dedham/Natick.