Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla NZ model 3 Insurance recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That certainly is a good price. I've been quoted $2674 for the performance and $1656 for a second hand SR+ from BNZ. I rang state and it just seems too hard for them, they need to talk to their 'under writers' I would have thought Tesla's minimal range of vehicles would have made it easier for them. :)
I'm struggling to remember AA's quote because it was ridiculous, about $4,400 I think.
I applied online for a quote from MAS earlier today (As per @Crafty1 advice). I'll wait for a call from them.
I'll also approach AMP tomorrow to see what they have to say.
FYI: I'm a 50 year old, with full license for 35 years with no convictions and no accidents for more than 5 years so I don't see why it should be so hard....
AMP does it online... and allows you to cancel the insurance within first 30 days. gives flexibility to adjust the premium excess and features or cancel policy. also allows to start the first premium within 30 days, so keeping first payment date at 28/29th day means if you decide to cancel, no refund to wait.

I got it first from AMP to collect my car, by that time all other quotes were in and I was able to decide to stay back with AMP.

Only reason premium and excess go high is that - every insurance provider have minimum $800 excess for insured amount 75000 or more...

it's like most don't want the business

AMP seems the only reasonable price

Have you checked out InsureMyTesla Insurance (vero)
AMP were cheaper last time I looked, which is strange because vero is the underwriter

AA was eye wateringly expensive, State not interested, Tower not interested.
Youi were quite reasonable got taken over by Tower, Tesla policies not renewed

Whoever is their actuary must have shares in oil, ICE, or anti Tesla or something
Maybe someone should take them for a test drive :)