Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Offer Trunk/Frunk Group Buy (3/S/X)

please vote below(you can select 2 options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened?

i don’t even know. It was working perfect. Then I was trying to program the homelink and using the supplied remote and it was trying to open but the latch wasn’t releasing. Now it won’t close because it’s so bent / mid-aligned.

CD388B81-09EC-492D-9C86-29FED02FB44E.jpeg

i don’t even know. It was working perfect. Then I was trying to program the homelink and using the supplied remote and it was trying to open but the latch wasn’t releasing. Now it won’t close because it’s so bent / mid-aligned.

View attachment 591171
Is it bent or just misaligned? I have a model s so the install is different. But I do know that you need new hood strut brackets on the hood for model 3's. Did you install those on the correct side? R is passenger side L is driver side. Also, if its just misaligned you can loosen the new strut brackets and straighten your hood out. Hope it all works out.

UPDATE on bent hood:

Here is the whole story...

I installed it correctly and it was working great. I went to program the homelink (it comes with a tiny remote) and apparently the homelink is for closing only. There were no instructions or warnings about this anywhere. I found this out later after contacting Tesla Offer through WhatsApp.

When I tried to open the Frunk with the remote, the electric struts were pushing the hood open but the latch does not release.

I asked them why this is even possible, and they said they will update the firmware to fix it.

I don’t think my hood got bent, but I do think a bracket was bent.

I had to completely remove the hood and re-align it....which took 4 hours. I completely disconnected the homelink module and now everything is all good.

What a f***ing nightmare....

This image shows how much I had to move the hood. The bolts were painted black originally.

Attachments

• 3EB975B0-65FC-4978-B323-5DC68BF05F88.jpeg
    3EB975B0-65FC-4978-B323-5DC68BF05F88.jpeg
    453.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Helpful
Reactions: shimmy
I ordered the frunk and trunk.

Looking at my stock trunk now.. does anyone elses stock strut rub the rubber to begin with? I am thinking the after market ones might not fit for me since on my left side I already rub.

Thinking I may have to cancel my order because it's not going to fit. I really only wanted the frunk anyway.

Last edited:
Ordered my Frunk Homelink kit!

I confirmed with Telsa Offer that since I don't currently have Homelink, but am considering getting it, I could purchase the Homelink version and change the firmware version and do the signal injection OR I could use a Homelink remote and pair it with the Frunk kit for now.

Reactions: kev1n
I ordered the frunk and trunk.

Looking at my stock trunk now.. does anyone elses stock strut rub the rubber to begin with? I am thinking the after market ones might not fit for me since on my left side I already rub.

Thinking I may have to cancel my order because it's not going to fit. I really only wanted the frunk anyway.

i had a friend that was hitting the rubber with the stock ones to begin with, no issues with the install but do your own research to confirm. might want to check your trunk is aligned properly(centered)

i had a friend that was hitting the rubber with the stock ones to begin with, no issues with the install but do your own research to confirm. might want to check your trunk is aligned properly(centered)

I will just sell it on the forums if it doesn't fit for me. I think my glass is slightly to the left. I figure the group buy will be over so maybe I won't loose any money selling it if it doesn't work out.

Reactions: kev1n
Status
Not open for further replies.