Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla official mudflaps and splash guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had them installed?

Had them done today on my M3P, they scrape along the floor when turning or breaking let alone on uneven roads or speed bumps. Chips against body protected, chips against my mental state now an issue. True facepalm, I just paid for this.

Although scraping while breaking might be a break assit. Feature not a bug.

Have no idea what could be done apart from take them off!

If they look like this:

DC08DE86-5A14-4AD2-8933-6AF98EFD3940.jpeg
You can cut them back to this:
09A4137E-55A9-49BF-B9F3-3DFC807A3F5D.jpeg

There are two options with the Tesla flaps. You can have both the ‘short’ plastic and ‘long’ rubber parts installed (like you have) or just have the short plastic parts on their own (which is what I have). These don’t scrape, and I’m hoping they will still prevent the corrosion problems reported in regions that use road salt.

Edit: Gatsojon's top pic shows both parts installed, the bottom pic is just the short plastic part i.e. no need to cut anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel and Cyclone1
Installed just the short part on mine, but they're very gappy. Not really happy with them at all.
I bought the BougeRV ones which also had gaps between the flap and the body of the car,otherwise they are a good fit.

Removed them and lined the perimeter of the flaps with some felt draft excluder:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RKVKYFX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

No more gaps and no danger of dirt getting between the flaps and the car. Also the felt is really soft so no danger of damaging the paintwork.

Tesla Ranger visited last week, saw the flaps I had fitted & said 'good choice, definitely the best type',

These are also a tough & less rigid ABS material (good feature!) but with only one small negative - the rear top moulded clip (onto inside edge of rim) is not a tight enough fit so I had to apply a little clear silicone behind which bonded it in place (can't be seen & it's given additional protection).

https://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WH6PZYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Ranger also suggested that new Model 3s will have mud flaps in future so interesting to see if the next shipments have these + USB C + wireless charging. I'm not complaining but it seems that those of us from Q2 may have got the worst deal - no Frunk mats, hooks, bin lights etc from previous builds or these later additions. I already paid for various after market products to cover all these (except lights) & it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobbins
Same issue here. Bought the Tesla ones and they scrape really bad when breaking, bumps, uneven roads and when there is more people than just me. I live in New Jersey which, in Itself is a challenge with the roads but not happy with them at all.
Nothing wrong with them except the design. Just chop a couple of cm off the bottom will stop it and still give good protection.