Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla open up the SuC network [in UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect Aviemore to be a no go area since its on the grounds of the hotel. Shame as it's a really useful stop if your avoiding Inverness.
Just been there today. An Audi was charging - charging port drivers side front - no problem, then an Ioniq 5 turned up, was taking up 2 stalls. They will need to make the cables longer. This is a busy charger, often full, you’d be totally p*ssed off if you couldn’t charge because 2 stalls were blocked. There are 4 50KW normal chargers in Aviemore on top of the Tesla chargers.

Attachments

• 29E71C32-5778-41B7-AAF5-DC6709E01C27.jpeg
    29E71C32-5778-41B7-AAF5-DC6709E01C27.jpeg
    984.4 KB · Views: 93
Were the BMW and Audi using adjacent bays? Thats where I could see some arguments starting - if non-teslas park away from each other, each blocking a bay so the availability drops rapidly - two cars block 4 bays. By parking adjacent, ‘wrong’ cars will only ever block one additional bay no matter how many turn up, which is much more reasonable
In this case yes, they were adjacent. It looked like BMW - Audi - Tesla, parked in bays 6-7-8 but the BMW & Audi were using stalls 5 & 6 due to charge port location. So a very considerate arrangement (bays 1-5 weren’t shown but best case for a newly arriving Tesla would be 1-4 available & a space in 5 but charge cable taken by the BMW).

Reactions: Mrklaw
How long did that take to charge up to 85%? And how many miles do you get in normal city drive and occasional motorway use in typical below 10C weather with heating on?
Trafford Centre, Manchester, 62p per kWh, Tesla App, it was showing about 10-11 kW during the time I was charging which was around 15 minutes, as I was only testing it I put in 2 kWh which took it up to 80% state of charge, it cost me £1.24 in total.

I generally get around 1 mile per 1% so 100 miles. I was aware of that when I bought it and it hasn’t stopped me travelling anywhere I fancy. It’s just a time issue and as I’m retired I’ve got all the time in the world.

As a footnote, I don't know if it's coincidental, it charged OK, however upon disconnection, an error message is now displayed on the dash (it has never been displayed previously in the 17 months I've owned the car) which states: Power System Indicator (Page 111 in e-manual), 'Have your vehicle checked by a dealer immediately'. As it was around 11:00 pm that wasn't happening and it was driving fine so I headed home. I plugged in when I got home and hoped the message would have cleared in the morning. It charged up without issue but the message is still displayed. Tested yesterday and found that the DC CCS Rapid Charging is now not working at all, just AC. It’s booked in for a dealer visit tomorrow!

I thought it was a good idea to try the Tesla Supercharger, not so sure now!🙄

View attachment 808128

Looks like the Tesla SuC fried my Honda e! ☹️
It is interesting what might have caused this. You report that you could plug in and completed the charge, but the problem occurred when you disconnected.

I would have thought that if there was going to be anything "fried" it would have been when connected and power applied. If there had been a fault you would expect a fuse to blow at that that point.

Have you regularly used CCS chargers before? If you were only using Type 2 connectors the AC power goes in a different route to the DC connector.

It is interesting what might have caused this. You report that you could plug in and completed the charge, but the problem occurred when you disconnected.

I would have thought that if there was going to be anything "fried" it would have been when connected and power applied. If there had been a fault you would expect a fuse to blow at that that point.

Have you regularly used CCS chargers before? If you were only using Type 2 connectors the AC power goes in a different route to the DC connector.
Also the Honda has the charger at the front hood - there were reports when they introduced the car regarding water logging because of how the inlet been designed. May be the CCS not been used for a long time and the control unit fused when he ejected the charger as you dont have to unlock non-teslas before ejecting the charger sounds bit wrong to me but I do not have any understanding of how electrics works. Not an electrician but someone can add their 2 cents!

Last edited:
Yes, repair under Warranty as there's no way Honda could apportion blame to ANY rapid charge provider, a rapid charger is a rapid charger at the end of the day.

I have used CCS regularly in the time I've owned the Honda e, using numerous charging providers, without any issue whatsoever.

The red light of doom at the charge port appeared when I ended the charge using the Tesla App, and before I'd unplugged. The Honda e clearly wasn't happy with something; only time will tell if this will be a recurring issue for Honda e owners.

I shall be steering clear of Tesla Superchargers for the foreseeable future, it's a shame but such is life.

Reactions: browellm
Yes, repair under Warranty as there's no way Honda could apportion blame to ANY rapid charge provider, a rapid charger is a rapid charger at the end of the day.

I have used CCS regularly in the time I've owned the Honda e, using numerous charging providers, without any issue whatsoever.

The red light of doom at the charge port appeared when I ended the charge using the Tesla App, and before I'd unplugged. The Honda e clearly wasn't happy with something; only time will tell if this will be a recurring issue for Honda e owners.

I shall be steering clear of Tesla Superchargers for the foreseeable future, it's a shame but such is life.

Sorry to hear this. I have a friend who is a Tesla owner and about to collect his 2nd EV which is also a Honda E, may forewarn him

I am not sure 1 data point is enough to conclude that Honda e and Tesla Superchargers are incompatible. It is more than likely just co-incidence.

Reactions: Adopado