Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla opens up Superchargers to Ford

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
Interesting move here that Tesla will open up SCs in Canada and the US to Ford vehicles, initially with an adapter, but Ford will be switching to the Tesla connector. Not sure that Ford has any EVs that I am interested in right now, but having access to the SC network is a huge benefit for many.

Interesting move here that Tesla will open up SCs in Canada and the US to Ford vehicles, initially with an adapter, but Ford will be switching to the Tesla connector. Not sure that Ford has any EVs that I am interested in right now, but having access to the SC network is a huge benefit for many.

Lighting truck 🤔

The funding rules specify a CCS port. The original US funding was less precise. That was later updated specifically to CCS.
You are correct. i thought the wording was along the lines of proprietary/universal connectors.

To be considered for funding, electric vehicle chargers must:

• include one or more of the following charging connector types:
    • SAE J1772 standard (Level 2 – 208/240 V)
    • SAE J1772 Combo (for fast chargers)
    • Other proprietary connector types may represent a maximum of 75% of all charging connectors installed at the same project site, with the balance corresponding to one of those above
Source

Edit: maybe the Magic Dock would count towards the CCS connector?

Last edited: