Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Allowing other brands access to Tesla super chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cj3209

Supporting Member
Jun 24, 2023
SoCal
How will allowing other brands access to Tesla superchargers be beneficial for current Tesla owners? I'm told Tesla makes no additional revenue from opening up their SC network.

I'm guessing it may provide some funding to open up new SCs but it will definitely start clogging up SCs with a lot of non-Tesla vehicles.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
The articles I've read are clear that Tesla makes no money directly from these agreements with other brands. I've wondered about that. Does Tesla charge more for non-Tesla owners to charge at a SC?

The articles I've read are clear that Tesla makes no money directly from these agreements with other brands. I've wondered about that. Does Tesla charge more for non-Tesla owners to charge at a SC?
1695323357722.png

I think I know why Tesla is doing this and it's probably already discussed in another thread. The single largest hurdle for prospective EV buyers is range anxiety and lack of charging infrastructure. If tesla chargers are opened up to everyone, it creates (1) more money for tesla to build more chargers; (2) more potential customers to buy tesla vehicles. That's the bottom line.