Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla order page change res # to Model X 00XXXX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to continue to be skeptical of these dates (or bull-headed, or whatever you might want to term it). If, for some reason, they really are trying to blow them out by quarter end, I'm going to be clear that I don't want mine until mid-April. Anecdotes being what they are, I've heard quite enough about quarter-end vehicles to know I don't want one.

If you want to delay your order, I'd suggest running your script that detects changes on MyTesla :) . It will make web developers at Tesla "happy", refreshing the page every second would be recommended.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen any posts from recent production deliveries complaining about quality issues. However if they do exist, I would assume that I found the only pros for ordering the 70D.

Estimated delivery dates disappeared from my page, even in the page source :-(

My estimated delivery went from Late February - March, to March - Early April, then disappeared, then back as April - Early May. All while hidden in the source. Then disappeared again. Today I have April - Early May back again, but now visible below my VIN on my Tesla page. I believe my car would be in production and shipping to me by the end of the month... If not for all you fine people in California who seem to be benefitting at the moment. :p I have to look on the bright side of things, this gives me time to clean the garage to make room for the X and make sure my electrician can find time in his schedule to install my wall charger.

My estimated delivery went from Late February - March, to March - Early April, then disappeared, then back as April - Early May. All while hidden in the source. Then disappeared again. Today I have April - Early May back again, but now visible below my VIN on my Tesla page. I believe my car would be in production and shipping to me by the end of the month... If not for all you fine people in California who seem to be benefitting at the moment. :p I have to look on the bright side of things, this gives me time to clean the garage to make room for the X and make sure my electrician can find time in his schedule to install my wall charger.

I am not enjoying getting my X faster than you... You should have yours before a lot of us. Hope you get a perfect X for waiting.

Oh man! (not ohmman:smile:) that reminds me ... Call the electrician! My Tesla page, visible, now shows "April- early May". Planning on upping old house service from 100 to 200 amps + HPWC install.
& thanks you guys for making me find out how to find source code. Cool! Amazing what some motivation will inspire.

My 70D lost its wheels on the MyTesla page, is that a step forward?
compositor.png

I am not enjoying getting my X faster than you... You should have yours before a lot of us. Hope you get a perfect X for waiting.

Yeah and there's a lot of people that should have theirs before I get mine... I know Tesla will get this all worked out and the production line will run smoothly as it does for the Model S at some point soon. I'm happy to wait for it to be perfect too.

- - - Updated - - -

My 70D lost its wheels on the MyTesla page, is that a step forward?

Joker got away...

PVogel and Ohmman.... check your Tesla page again. Mine is back and no longer hidden. I think we are beginning to over think everything on the page. I didn't look at the source, it was right on the page.... seems like an effort for Tesla to be more informative. ALL IS GOOD

For those who like playing in the source.... the date has moved to Section description. Nothing is listed any longer in "hidden" estimated delivery.

No, it's really completely gone, not on the top where it had been earlier this week (with a March 5-March 12 date) and not anywhere in the source either.

I sent an email to my DS yesterday (Fremont delivery) because I wanted to make sure she knew the reason that we selected the factory delivery was to get the total immersion experience with the factory tour. And if the tour was going to be a problem, we would just pick it up at our local SC (Rocklin). Within a few hours she stated that the tour would not be an issue.

She also responded:
[FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]I do have a quick update regarding your new Model X. We have confirmed your production window and your Model X will be starting the early stages of assembly shortly.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]...

[/FONT]
In the event that your Model X is ready by the end of March, are you available towards the end of the month? Right now, it is too soon to confirm delivery by the end of the month but wanted to gauge your availability for planning purposes.

The website currently has us as March 24th - 31st.

I'm going to continue to be skeptical of these dates (or bull-headed, or whatever you might want to term it). If, for some reason, they really are trying to blow them out by quarter end, I'm going to be clear that I don't want mine until mid-April. Anecdotes being what they are, I've heard quite enough about quarter-end vehicles to know I don't want one.

I would also suggest being skeptical of the dates. Our page still says we're in the production queue but I know for a fact that it's finished as I just got a sneak peak of it at our local service center where it's being prepped for delivery.

Just received this email:
240x40_header_wordmark_grey_whitebg.png
160121_MX-Newsletter_03.jpg
We have good news for you. Your Model X is built and will be delivered to you this month.

Thank you for your patience as we've taken a little extra time to ensure your Model X meets the highest standards of quality. For the last couple of months, we held back our production rate to check and recheck every part of Model X from each of the ground-breaking features to road performance. We've had members of our management team, including Elon, test drive Model X as it came off the line so that we can confidently say that you're going to love your Model X.

As you've read in recent reviews, it's paid off. We can't wait for you to get behind the wheel of your Model X to experience the beauty, comfort, performance and truly one-of-a-kind drive experience.

Your MyTesla account is now updated with a delivery window. You’ll soon be receiving communication from our team to prepare you for delivery, but to accelerate the process, please log into your account to finalize your delivery details.

All my best,

Jon McNeill
President, Global Sales and Service
MyTesla gives a delivery window of March 24 - March 31 and says that my order is now confirmed and in the production queue.