Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owenrs Club Dashcam Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at ordering....When I get to the checkout, I see the coupon code box. It applies the discount. OP notes:

"The group buy will end Sunday, November 19th. Orders will ship once they reach 75 orders."

So they take our money now, and ship after the 19th or once they reach 75? What if they don't reach 75, they just refund? For those who have purchased, are you just rolling the dice hoping that the discount gets applied?
Sorry I had missed your post. I got an answer from them, here it is:
''Regarding the note that they are referring to on the original posting, we will begin shipment of the items within 7-10 days (depends on the qty that is ordered) from the date the group buy ends. Since we are providing such a steep discount, we will reserve our instock units for the regular paying customers however if there is a good mix of DR750S ordered and it doesn’t leave our inventory short, we will start shipping immediately. If there are not 75 units ordered, we will either refund the orders or allow the orders to go through depending on how close we get to the 75 minimum. We smashed the number on the last group buy with the Model 3 Owners Club so I would think on the Tesla Motors Club with Model S, X and potential Model 3 owners would do extremely well.''

In other words, don't worry, if we don't hit the target they may still send it and if they don't we will get a refund.

We are already getting quite a bit of orders but if we want to reach 75 orders we need to get the word out. I will have this posted on the Model 3 Owners Club. As for TMC, I am sure this post has not been seen by everyone who would buy it. This is only the Model S forums, but posting in multiple forums on TMC is against the rules. If an Admin sees this, could we potentially post it in the Model X forum?

Edit: Looks like M3OC doesn't want us to post it on their site.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: bayareadriver
We are at 20 orders out of 75. We could potentially get an extension if ever we don't reach 75 by Sunday, and we might still get our price if we don't hit exactly 75, but if we work together I am sure we can reach our target! Right now, I think many don't know about this promotion. I'll check with admins if I can at least post this on the X forums.

I'll keep updating this number as we move forward. I posted this group buy on two Tesla pages on Facebook and that has definitely gotten us a few buyers! In my poll, I had almost 30 people wanting to buy. Help me out and let your surroundings and tesla clubs know about this offer so we can all take advantage of this awesome deal!

Maybe not a dual post, but a link on the X side to this thread on the S side?

I recommend a thread on TM's S forum that links over here to this one. If you are the OP of it on the TM forum, you will be able to delete it later after it closes.

View attachment 259413

I am happy to announce that TheDashCamStore has offered us a group buy for the BlackVue DR750S-2CH. I was looking to purchase this specific camera and when doing my research I found out the Model 3 Owners Club had done a group buy, but I was too late to the party. I therefore decided to contact multiple sellers and the ones who did the group buy for them offered us the best price. Because the DR490 model wasn't very popular, we decided to only offer the DR750S. In order to obtain the discount, they need a minimum of 75 orders using our code.

Code: Tesla25

This code is valid for the following items:

DR750S-2CH-16GB Retail $389.00 GB Price $291.75 USD
DR750S-2CH-32GB Retail $408.99 GB Price $306.74 USD
DR750S-2CH-64GB Retail $438.99 GB Price $329.99 USD
DR750S-2CH-128GB Retail $508.99 GB Price $382.49 USD

In addition to the DR750S, the 25% discount can be applied to the following items: pmp, fuse taps or filter.

What is the website I should go to to place my order?- sorry I don’t mean to be ignorant. But I want to make sure I place the order on the right site to benefit myself and the group. “I’m down like I’m brown!!” Ready to place my order.

What is the website I should go to to place my order?- sorry I don’t mean to be ignorant. But I want to make sure I place the order on the right site to benefit myself and the group. “I’m down like I’m brown!!” Ready to place my order.
The website is:
BlackVue DR750S-2CH Dual-Lens Dual 1080p Dashcam for Front and Rear
  • Select your Memory Card size / other options you may need
  • Add to cart
  • Enter your information. Once you reach ''Order Confirmation'', enter the promo code Tesla25
Following these steps should do it.

Wish the timing didn't completely collide with the 900s, it seems premature to pull the trigger on this deal with a 4k camera a few weeks away, that will be a bit more expensive, but no firm numbers as to how expensive. This really should be a 1x purchase and not require constant upgrade cycles if done right.

Wish the timing didn't completely collide with the 900s, it seems premature to pull the trigger on this deal with a 4k camera a few weeks away, that will be a bit more expensive, but no firm numbers as to how expensive. This really should be a 1x purchase and not require constant upgrade cycles if done right.

Yep, and I feel the same way about the 650 and 750. It happened to me. 750 was late being available with little known about it, when I bought my 650. DR900 may be weeks away or the same thing could happen again and not be available to late spring. The good news is that you can probably sell your 650 or 750 on eBay and recover most of your cost if sold within the next 6 months. I think most people are unaware of these types of group deals and the reduced prices. That gives us an edge when selling them used.

• Informative
Reactions: BigD0g

I agree that the timing isn't great, but 25% off will likely be a good amount cheaper than a brand new 4K camera.

I also agree that the only things that should drive a whole camera is a new sensor and new CPU. Otherwise, improvements should be handled via OTA updates.

What are the recommended accessories for installing in a Model S? Is it difficult to hardwire it in?
Stringing the wire is a bit tricky. If you have a fishing tape, (even better-one with a lighted tip) then the wiring is much easier. If you have a "sparger" - a stiff plastic spoon to pop off the panels. There are some good videos of a fellow lacing the wire along the righroof channel. I like this and did it. It was more work than just tucking it into the headliner, but the finished produce was good. Neither of these "accessories" are mentioned in the instructions, but came in handy.

Ordered yesterday. No confirmation of shipment yet. As for the 900, hopefully it will be the same size and same cables so it can just be a swap whenever its available. This was a good deal for the 750 and perfect timing for me. If the 900 is the next must-have mouse trap I will get that next year and put the 750 into the wife's vehicle or sell it. Thanks for the group buy.