Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owenrs Club Dashcam Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a glitch with my order so I ended up calling them to make sure the order was ok. While I was talking with them I asked if they were going to ship as ordered or if they were going to wait until the commitment is reached. He said they are going to wait and if the commitment is not reached they will refund everyone's credit cards so hopefully we will meet the amount. It also sounded like they are going to come directly from Black View.

Thanks for setting this up. I placed my order last night. I purchased the one with the smallest memory card since their cost for the larger card is much more then you can buy on Amazon. Was there any other reason to get the card with the camera?

BlackVue wants you to run their cards, due to quality and performance concerns with 3rd party cards. I'm not sure if there is any validity to that, but I can say that I've burned up two different cards in my SpyTek cam in my other car......

There are differences in the cards.
Here's a written explanation about SD Media cards.
Best SD Cards for BlackVue Dash Cams
Here's a youtube video that again explains SD Media cards and what to look for.

Many dashcam owners like to use very large capacity cards in their dashcams. Personally, I don't understand why, but I don't need to know.
For me, I want a card that is going to store at least 6-8 hours - 12 hours or more would be great. But I am not making a movie out there, so I don't need to record and store days or weeks worth. If there is an incident that benefits me to retain the video footage, I am going to pull that card that contains the incident and put a new/fresh one in the camera. I want it out of the camera to insure that I don't let the camera overwrite the space/video. 16GB or so is enough for me. And for the price of 16's I have a couple of spares ready.

I had a glitch with my order so I ended up calling them to make sure the order was ok. While I was talking with them I asked if they were going to ship as ordered or if they were going to wait until the commitment is reached. He said they are going to wait and if the commitment is not reached they will refund everyone's credit cards so hopefully we will meet the amount. It also sounded like they are going to come directly from Black View.

I am giving updates almost daily on our count. We need 75 and yesterday we had 35. Pretty sure we got around 10 today so we're close to our objective. Imagine if we could post it on the Model 3 Owners club.

If we don't reach 75 by Sunday they may or may not give us the deal, perso ally I think if we are within 10 we will get the deal. They can also extend the offer a few days to get morw orders.

Thanks to all of you who ordered, can't wait to get my new toy!

For those on the fence - I bought a DR750 from the group buy that MelendaV setup on the Model 3 site a couple of months ago. I had some problems - mostly user error- and I can tell you that the DashCam store emailed, phoned and supported me with as mush help as I needed. I've delt with stores that claim good customer service - these guys are delivering in spades.

• Informative
Reactions: KyleDay
For those on the fence - I bought a DR750 from the group buy that MelendaV setup on the Model 3 site a couple of months ago. I had some problems - mostly user error- and I can tell you that the DashCam store emailed, phoned and supported me with as mush help as I needed. I've delt with stores that claim good customer service - these guys are delivering in spades.

I too have received great support from them. Highly recommended