Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you email them to yourself, you can resize them that way. Or you could make iCloud shared stream, create a public link to it and bookmark it in your browser on your computer. Any photos you upload there from your phone will be compressed automatically, and you can easily post the photo from your computer by downloading it from iCloud and then posting it. Don't know if that's faster/more convenient for you than cropping, though. :)

Didn't know that Tesla had already decided to put in a Supercharger at CIM and installed it. Last I heard, there was one going in at the service centre and everybody here was like, "Bad, bad, bad location!" So they picked a better spot, which is great -- how quickly did this come together?
It appears they were always planning for Crossiron as the location (I believe they call it officially the "Rocky View Supercharger" - presumably after the MD of Rocky View. The Supercharger at the SC was a rumor perpetuated by some of the sales people but never more concrete than that if I recall.

Hope to see some of you at the "Rocky View Supercharger" tomorrow!

• Informative
Reactions: int32_t
Reminder about the Meet-up and AGM for the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta - this Sunday May 28 in Red Deer! Weather should be very cooperative so it will be a beautiful day for a drive and meet. Come visit with other Tesla owners and have a say in the Club operations - we will be requesting additional Board Members to join us this year so if you have any interest in being on the Board please direct message me.
Additionally, we will be looking for someone to help us bring our website up to par - if there is someone with some web skills that would like to help the Club out I would like to talk to you. Current site is alberta.teslaownersclub.ca

Eventbright link: Tesla Owners Club of Alberta AGM & Meetup

Reactions: Footbag
Press Release:

Sunday May 28th, 12:30 PM-1:30 PM, members of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (TOCA) will be holding their second Annual Meetup at the Tesla Superchargers/Sheraton Hotel 3310 50 Ave, Red Deer.

Over 30 Tesla's are expected to attend, representing all three varieties of Tesla's, the original Roadster, the Model S sedan, and Model X SUV. Tesla owners, and staff from the Calgary Tesla store, will be on hand to answer the public's questions, in addition to a general meet and greet. The smile inducing Model X 'dance' (
) is sure to amuse, and the worlds quickest accelerating car (0-60 in 2.3s) - the ludicrously quick P100D - will be making an appearance.

Several Tesla owners, have also owned other EVs, making this is a fantastic opportunity for the public to learn more about the electric vehicle revolution that is upon us, and how EVs cope in Alberta's climate.

13340085_10154150048851031_7871726233109860852_o-3[1].png

Special thanks to @Footbag for compiling the press release.

For all you Calgary-specific owners out there, the City of Calgary and ENMAX are currently doing some work on setting a strategy for Calgary and Southern Alberta relating to electric vehicle ownership and infrastructure. One of my counterparts at the Calgary division of my company was involved in a planning session, and she forwarded me both the presentation and a survey that the City was having this focus group complete. I mentioned to her that I could post the survey here for more feedback if the City wanted, so she went back to them and lo and behold, the City has prepared a slightly different survey that is designed more for public engagement than the original survey was.

Here's a link to the City's webpage with some information about what they're looking to achieve, and the survey questions. I'd encourage everyone to go and provide their feedback, along with any other EV owners you might know (this survey is not Tesla-specific). They're even interested in feedback from people that are considering EV ownership, so spread the word however you can.

http://engage.calgary.ca/electric-vehicle-strategy

Here's a great chance to help shape what the future of EV ownership might look like in Calgary and Southern Alberta. Hopefully Edmonton will take note as well and follow Calgary's lead.

Canada's newest Store and Service Centre will be opening in July and the VIP Grand Opening is Thursday, July 6th. It is invite only - if you own a Tesla you should receive an invitation by email by July 2nd - if not let me know and I will direct you to the right contact to get on the list.

Looking forward to seeing some familiar and some new faces there!

Also... we have just confirmed that our Tesla Owners Club BBQ (2nd Annual) will be hosted at the new Service Centre and will be open for the public as well! The date for the BBQ is September 17th - tickets for non-members are $20 and TOC members are FREE!

Tesla Summer BBQ & Show 'n Shine

Thanks @3s-a-charm..Great news about the Calgary SC opening. Anyone received service appointments? Mine is overdue.
I understand that all service appointments will be scheduled at the time the SC opens - there will be a significant backlog as it seems that nearly all AB Teslas are waiting for some form of service so I expect they will prioritize based on the type of service required (i.e. trim issues get low priority where drivetrain issues get priority). In a couple of months the backlog should be finished and regular service times can be achieved. They may also need to hire and train more technicians so I wouldn't be surprised if the ramp-up is slower than expected.

I understand that all service appointments will be scheduled at the time the SC opens - there will be a significant backlog as it seems that nearly all AB Teslas are waiting for some form of service so I expect they will prioritize based on the type of service required (i.e. trim issues get low priority where drivetrain issues get priority). In a couple of months the backlog should be finished and regular service times can be achieved. They may also need to hire and train more technicians so I wouldn't be surprised if the ramp-up is slower than expected.
I understand that there will be a backlog. I am traveling to Squamish ,Whistler and then to Tofino. As i mentioned this to Vancouver SC was given appointment there with a loaner made available - August 1st. I just took it.

Ever wanted to try your Tesla on an Autocross course? Perhaps do some real launches on a closed course? Now's your chance!

The Tesla Owners Club of Alberta is invited to bring their electric rockets to the Fort MacLeod Airport this weekend (July 22/23) to participate in the Autocross events hosted by the Lethbridge Sports Car Club (LSCC) on Saturday and the Southern Alberta Solosport Club (SASC) on Sunday.

You can use the new Fort MacLeod Tesla Supercharger to juice up before and between sessions as it is minutes away from the airstrip. A great opportunity to try your car on a safe track environment and maybe show the petrol-heads what electric cars can do! :)

Register for Saturday here: LSCC Event #2

Register for Sunday here: Southern Alberta Solosport Club

It's a good idea to bring a helmet if you have one but if not, they will have some loaner helmets you can use.

Ever wanted to try your Tesla on an Autocross course? Perhaps do some real launches on a closed course? Now's your chance!

The Tesla Owners Club of Alberta is invited to bring their electric rockets to the Fort MacLeod Airport this weekend (July 22/23) to participate in the Autocross events hosted by the Lethbridge Sports Car Club (LSCC) on Saturday and the Southern Alberta Solosport Club (SASC) on Sunday.

You can use the new Fort MacLeod Tesla Supercharger to juice up before and between sessions as it is minutes away from the airstrip. A great opportunity to try your car on a safe track environment and maybe show the petrol-heads what electric cars can do! :)

Register for Saturday here: LSCC Event #2

Register for Sunday here: Southern Alberta Solosport Club

It's a good idea to bring a helmet if you have one but if not, they will have some loaner helmets you can use.

Interesting rules:
Any vehicle exceeding 93 dB, measured at 50 feet, or showing excessive tire squealing, will be required to stop running.
Note: No unnecessary revving of engines

bbq.jpg

This is a reminder that the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta is hosting it's second annual BBQ and Show & Shine in less than 2 weeks! Below are quick details as well as the RSVP link via Eventbrite. Remember that when you RSVP select "existing member" and the BBQ is free of charge! Public is also welcome to attend and entry is only $20 and includes food and drinks.

Tesla has informed us they are starting their special Inventory Sales Event on the same day, so bring your cheque-book (or leave it behind!) as there may be an excellent opportunity to upgrade or at least talk to the staff about options at the BBQ. Tesla staff will also have a Model S and Model X available for test-drives!

Date: Sunday, September 17th, 2017

Location: Tesla Fairmount Sales/Service Centre, 6702 Fairmount Dr. SE

Time: 11am - 3pm

Food and Drinks will be provided free of charge for TOCA members!!

RSVP - CLICK HERE FOR EVENTBRITE

We look forward to seeing a lot of cool cars there and some great socializing with other members.

Not a member yet? Follow this link to become a member and support your local Tesla Owners Club: Join it - Member Management

Does anyone have details on the Model 3 yet? Seems there are a handful of forum members getting their orders. Mainly I am curious on the conversion for the extra range battery and the availability of an AWD model.
Thanks,