Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @Footbag, sorry I couldn't make it out today. Beautiful day though, hope you guys had a good time.

One of my work suppliers said a blue Tesla was in a "serious" collision yesterday afternoon in Edmonton, he was concerned about me but it must have been another one. Anyone know who, and if everyone was ok?

@int32_t Thanks for the tip, any idea how to edit the quote if you don't want to have the whole thing in your reply?

Hey @Footbag, sorry I couldn't make it out today. Beautiful day though, hope you guys had a good time.

One of my work suppliers said a blue Tesla was in a "serious" collision yesterday afternoon in Edmonton, he was concerned about me but it must have been another one. Anyone know who, and if everyone was ok?

It was a fairly quiet gathering, just 3 cars, and a few interested others - but the day was great, and Hawrelak Park was packed, we barely got parking together!
Regarding the Tesla accident in Edmonton...

tesla crash2.jpg

I heard from someone who witnessed it that the Tesla (70D) was trying to zip out of a parking lot, but was caught off guard by another car stopping (correctly) for a crosswalk (that car not visible in this picture). The tesla hit that car, and then the suv hit the Tesla (or something like that) It was a lady driving the Tesla. No one was hurt, everyone walked away.

LUDICROUS!! Lol Gpetti, I got a call from Vancouver on Friday telling me they finished with "another Calgary Tesla" and that my app wasn't going to connect anymore because they are dropping my battery for my Ludicrous upgrade... can't wait.

How is it? Can you tell much of a difference? If you also had them do LTE upgrade, do you notice an internet speed difference?

LUDICROUS!! Lol Gpetti, I got a call from Vancouver on Friday telling me they finished with "another Calgary Tesla" and that my app wasn't going to connect anymore because they are dropping my battery for my Ludicrous upgrade... can't wait.

How is it? Can you tell much of a difference? If you also had them do LTE upgrade, do you notice an internet speed difference?
I haven't really had a chance to test either properly. Between Vancouver traffic, highway driving and low battery levels the situation hasn't been right; however, the odd time we flexed the ludicrous muscle while highway driving I saw some improvement. The LTE actually seemed slower but primarily that is a product of crappy and spotty LTE service in some areas. Typically I only notice when things slow down - i.e. I haven't done any objective comparisons
I think the LTE should be more apparent here in Calgary.
Below is a picture of another blue car that has seen better days. I was going to use this for an April fools prank (pretend I had an incident) but the blue is fairly obviously the new blue. The blue car you see in the background is yours I believe.

Photo 2016-04-01, 2 44 31 PM.jpg

Reactions: McMuggets
@int32_t Thanks for the tip, any idea how to edit the quote if you don't want to have the whole thing in your reply?
Yup, that's easy too, once you know how. :) I do it all the time to remove a giant photo or something before I post a quoted reply, although that might not be necessary anymore on the new forum.

Like I did just now to quote your post, first reply to a post so it's got the quote you want ready to go. Then look for the (QUOTE=member blah blah) and /(QUOTE). This is HTML code, but don't be intimidated by it. Any text within these tags will be quoted in the quote area above your own post. Any text you type either before or after the tags will be ordinary text in your reply.

So if you delete the first two paragraphs between the tags, like I did in your post which I quoted, they don't appear in the quote in the reply. Actually I could change your quote to say anything I like, :p but if you click the link in the quote box the forum will show the original post sans modification. :)

• Informative
Reactions: TLej
I heard from someone who witnessed it that the Tesla (70D) was trying to zip out of a parking lot, but was caught off guard by another car stopping (correctly) for a crosswalk (that car not visible in this picture). The tesla hit that car, and then the suv hit the Tesla (or something like that) It was a lady driving the Tesla. No one was hurt, everyone walked away.

That's quite the impressive scene! Glad nobody was injured.

Hey guys. I had my UMC crappie out on me today. Does anyone in Calgary know of any spare units or ones for sale?

Hey, if yours doesn't work, I've always wanted to take one apart. Maybe I could fix it ... or turn it into a paperweight. :)

I haven't really had a chance to test either properly. Between Vancouver traffic, highway driving and low battery levels the situation hasn't been right; however, the odd time we flexed the ludicrous muscle while highway driving I saw some improvement. The LTE actually seemed slower but primarily that is a product of crappy and spotty LTE service in some areas. Typically I only notice when things slow down - i.e. I haven't done any objective comparisons
I think the LTE should be more apparent here in Calgary.
Below is a picture of another blue car that has seen better days. I was going to use this for an April fools prank (pretend I had an incident) but the blue is fairly obviously the new blue. The blue car you see in the background is yours I believe.

View attachment 170701

Yep that looks like mine beside that poor broken Tesla. Thanks for the pic and info regarding LTE!

I'll be sharing this in the charging section as well bit for those that don't know, the new 32 amp charging from the previous 40 amp is due to Canadian regulations. However, if you have an older plug make sure you keep your Nena 15-40 adapter as the old ones will still do 40 amps. The amperage is not limited in the control unit (green flowing leds) but in the adapter instead the tech told me

Hot off the press. Am visiting the chinook store as I'm getting some items serviced and am told the Ranger distance has been extended from 80kms to 800kms. Thought this may make some people happy.
Hi,
I have some bad news. The roadside assistance has been extended, not the ranger distance.
Apparently Dave has been coming along quickly and I believe he will be out here in May shadowing another ranger so some of you may meet him. I think there is still a huge backlog but once Dave starts working solo in Calgary they should be able to plow through pretty fast and start being more proactive with service.

Thanks for the correction G., the sales staff must have misunderstood.

As for Dave, he is up and running, I met him Tuesday while my door handle got replaced. He was shadowing Arthur and will be on his own by next week I understand. and you are right, they are busy, I had to wait 3 weeks before i got the handle, not to mention door handles were out of stock last month.

Thanks for the correction G., the sales staff must have misunderstood.

As for Dave, he is up and running, I met him Tuesday while my door handle got replaced. He was shadowing Arthur and will be on his own by next week I understand. and you are right, they are busy, I had to wait 3 weeks before i got the handle, not to mention door handles were out of stock last month.
I've been waiting since January for service - it's kind of like the Canadian Health Care system... The worse your issue the faster you are seen. Mine are all pretty minor so back of the bus buddy.