Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
AMA WestWorld magazine:
Electric Cars: Gaining Traction in Alberta - CAA
Petti and Subasic! I think I know them. ;)
As some of you may have seen, I also got interviewed by CTV at the model 3 reservation event. Mr Subassic was there when the reporter approached but left before the interviewer started. GGenge was there but I was the only one standing up and had the mike thrust in my face. I was like a deer in the headlights and babbled my way through it. I don think he was expecting someone who already owned a Tesla because he edited out any mention I made of owning a Tesla and started the piece with something like "Greg Petti says the best part about the Tesla model 3, is that he can afford it".
He also attributed some pithy line about "luxury cars without a luxury price" to me but I'm pretty sure I said no such thing. Ultimately I don't really care because he didn't say anything I disagreed with and the part of me speaking didn't distort what I was trying to say. If I'm honest he did me a favour by editing it anyway.
My oldest son made this meme at my expense.

• Love
Reactions: Footbag
View attachment 172333
As some of you may have seen, I also got interviewed by CTV at the model 3 reservation event. Mr Subassic was there when the reporter approached but left before the interviewer started. GGenge was there but I was the only one standing up and had the mike thrust in my face. I was like a deer in the headlights and babbled my way through it. I don think he was expecting someone who already owned a Tesla because he edited out any mention I made of owning a Tesla and started the piece with something like "Greg Petti says the best part about the Tesla model 3, is that he can afford it".
He also attributed some pithy line about "luxury cars without a luxury price" to me but I'm pretty sure I said no such thing. Ultimately I don't really care because he didn't say anything I disagreed with and the part of me speaking didn't distort what I was trying to say. If I'm honest he did me a favour by editing it anyway.
My oldest son made this meme at my expense.

That's hilarious! Well, it makes sense since reporters often come with a theme in mind and if they can't get that theme they'll have to make it up. At least it you agree with the final outcome.

So this happened. For those who don't know, one of my contactors was showing diagnostic failure to disconnect after the car was parked. These are the same contactors that the Ludicrous upgrade replaces anyhow. I must say I am very impressed with Tesla service. From the person who helped me on the phone (Kim Truong in Vancouver) to the ease that this was done. Detailed invoicing as well as a CAD$ conversion for the $500USD deposit placed for Ludicrous... which I completely forgot it was in USD. Pick up and delivery, door-to-door. During the Ludicrous upgrade, they did my annual service and also accommodated my almost last minute request for the LTE upgrade (which apparently means they have to take the whole screen unit off as well as parts of the dash). Kept me in the loop about everything they found. They had our local ranger David glue on a new rubber seal for the sunroof because they found two tiny droplets on the back seat after a downpour, right before final delivery. Inside of the car was all cleaned and wiped down as well and charged up to 70%. David also returned the rental car for me and then returned to my house again, because I had left my house key in the rental car.

Last time I had service like this for a car... was never. Though I have heard that Lexus in Calgary has great service, I've never owned a Lexus.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: Footbag
McNuggets, glad you had a great experience! Be sure to provide your thoughts on the L upgrade after you've had a bit of time to soak it in. Also, reminder to change your signature (waiting for L upgrade) :)

Thanks for the reminder! Though I haven't had a chance to fully unleash the power yet, I must say it does seem jumpier from 0-50km. Could also be placebo combined with driving an ICE around for a week.

So this happened. For those who don't know, one of my contactors was showing diagnostic failure to disconnect after the car was parked. These are the same contactors that the Ludicrous upgrade replaces anyhow. I must say I am very impressed with Tesla service. From the person who helped me on the phone (Kim Truong in Vancouver) to the ease that this was done. Detailed invoicing as well as a CAD$ conversion for the $500USD deposit placed for Ludicrous... which I completely forgot it was in USD. Pick up and delivery, door-to-door. During the Ludicrous upgrade, they did my annual service and also accommodated my almost last minute request for the LTE upgrade (which apparently means they have to take the whole screen unit off as well as parts of the dash). Kept me in the loop about everything they found. They had our local ranger David glue on a new rubber seal for the sunroof because they found two tiny droplets on the back seat after a downpour, right before final delivery. Inside of the car was all cleaned and wiped down as well and charged up to 70%. David also returned the rental car for me and then returned to my house again, because I had left my house key in the rental car.

Last time I had service like this for a car... was never. Though I have heard that Lexus in Calgary has great service, I've never owned a Lexus.
Looks like you got the Ludicrous badge change so I'm assuming that they must have come in after Jacques and I had ours done. Ours are still sleepers.

Reactions: McMuggets
For anyone who is trying to register for the Tesla Social event and having problems (I.e. no apparent response or confirmation), try using Google Chrome as your browser.
Didn't work for me in chrome, didn't work for me in IE. Couldn't get it to work on the computer at all. But it did work when I tried it from my phone.
There's something messed up about that page.

I would have registered for this Sunday, but have a kids birthday party to go to (exact time 10am-noon too, what are the odds?). I'll be watching this forum for postings about what was discussed,especially with summon. So far the feature has been a sort of parlour trick, and has proven to be useful only once when some guy parked super close to me (needlessly I might add).

Got this email today....

We've ramped up Model X production significantly. On Monday, we'll be opening up orders online and in-store for Model X. Before we do that, we'd like to invite you to configure yours first.

The quality of Model X has never been better. We recently took some time to check and recheck every part of Model X and even had members of our management team, including Elon, test drive Model X as it came off the line. As you've read in recent reviews, it's paid off. We can't wait for you to get behind the wheel of your Model X to experience its ground-breaking features, as well as its beauty, comfort, performance and truly one-of-a-kind driving experience.

Please take advantage of your reservation preference by configuring in your account now.

If you have any questions, we've established a Model X configuration hotline that you can call for immediate assistance and advice: 888-518-3752. You can also email your questions to us at [email protected].

Welcome to Model X – we know you're going to love it.

On behalf of the Tesla team,

Jon McNeill
President, Global Sales and Service

Exciting times! I wonder how many Mode Xes are currently in Canadian hands? Many ... any? Sounds like there's about to be more.
None in Canadian hands..One in Vancouver from USA...The latest news
is that Tesla is waiting for final approvals Transport Canada,hopefully they will start w/ signature series in May/June... followed by P90D and then 90D. Also Tesla is adjusting the price for all clients in Canada in order to honor the lowered price for the early orders ( 4.2% decrease)

Reactions: McMuggets
None in Canadian hands..One in Vancouver from USA...The latest news
is that Tesla is waiting for final approvals Transport Canada,hopefully they will start w/ signature series in May/June... followed by P90D and then 90D. Also Tesla is adjusting the price for all clients in Canada in order to honor the lowered price for the early orders ( 4.2% decrease)

That's great that Tesla is doing that for Canadians. You're Model X will definitely be a unicorn in Alberta and I am sure a bunch of us on the forums here would love to check it out once it arrives. Very exciting times, congrats! Please tell me you are spec-ing it out to the max :)

That's great that Tesla is doing that for Canadians. You're Model X will definitely be a unicorn in Alberta and I am sure a bunch of us on the forums here would love to check it out once it arrives. Very exciting times, congrats! Please tell me you are spec-ing it out to the max :)
Believe it or not I'm aware of two other owners (on TMC) besides myself who are getting model Xs in Calgary. I guess that doesn't exactly make them common but you should have no shortage of owners available to show off their falcon wings. For the record, I'm "only" getting a 90D with 19" wheels.