Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners That Hog Supercharger Spaces

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would park in front of the car and use an extension to use the Supercharger..., and sorry if I block them!

s-l1600.jpg

Gee, I wonder what's gonna happen to that extension cable, which has been rated for 80A, when the supercharger sends almost 200A down it? :rolleyes:

That cable and those connectors/plugs are totally different from what the Semi was using. They're extensions or adapters for the UMC, NOT a supercharger. If you don't intimately know what you're talking about, you really shouldn't suggest/advocate/opine on the use of electrical gear.

Good grief, @Watts_Up. First off--that picture with the Tesla semi. Totally irrelevant. Tesla built the Superchargers, so sure, they made their own custom cable so that they can hook the semi prototypes to them while the Megachargers don't exist yet. That is not something that any of us who are not Tesla have access to. No one can get one of those.

And then you link to a 240V 80A AC charging extension cable. That has nothing to do with Superchargers, which do 400V and 300+ amps. Just stop.

Okey guys, I was having a little bit of fun, but I think this was correct:
- SuperCharger extension cables exists, they are made by Tesla, but they are not publicly available.
(While some people made a request for it, in case of using a trailer, so Tesla moved some of the stalls)
- The 'TeslaTap' extension would work on the Destination Charger, while it would be a little bit expensive to get one just to make a prank.
(And 'TeslaTap' includes a warning for not been compatible with SC)

May be a simple way to solve the problem is to put some sign above the Destination charger:

Tesla Only Green .jpg Tesla Only Red .jpg Tesla Only 30mn .png

Last edited:
I've seen plenty of cars parked at gas pumps while the owner was inside shopping. It seems that some of these inconsiderate jerks have upgraded to Tesla.

I was surprised to see this when traveling once. I could understand if they started pumping fuel and had to rush in for a restroom need but to just park at the gas pump and not even be fueling was quite unexpected when I was waiting to fuel while driving our ICE SUV before buying our Model 3.

For over an hour? I see folks go in to get coffee or pop or snacks but it only takes a few minutes...

This won’t be true everywhere but I live in Mississippi. There are a lot of people who simply don’t have credit cards and/or prefer to pay for gas with cash. I was visiting California last week and a lot of gas stations charges 10 cents more per gallon if you pay with a credit card.

Inside the store is sometimes busy, so these people have to park at the pump and go give cash to the attendant in the store before they can pump their gas. Just because it appears they just parked to go shopping that’s likely not the case at a gas station

Reactions: Thp3
This won’t be true everywhere but I live in Mississippi. There are a lot of people who simply don’t have credit cards and/or prefer to pay for gas with cash. I was visiting California last week and a lot of gas stations charges 10 cents more per gallon if you pay with a credit card.

Inside the store is sometimes busy, so these people have to park at the pump and go give cash to the attendant in the store before they can pump their gas. Just because it appears they just parked to go shopping that’s likely not the case at a gas station

at least around here no one looks twice at you for going in to pay, or to use the restroom or get coffee. Rarely do you even see that if theres a lineup. But I've never seen anyone just leave their car sit while they headed over to shop at target or something.

at least around here no one looks twice at you for going in to pay, or to use the restroom or get coffee. Rarely do you even see that if theres a lineup. But I've never seen anyone just leave their car sit while they headed over to shop at target or something.

Lucky you I see this far too often and I have chewed our plenty of Tesla #-holes that use the spaces as if they are reserved parking. I have also argued with two idiots playing summon games in the spaces not charging while there is a line up. Expect the number of idiots to increase steadily...

No need to cry in our beers, lament the downfall of society, or hope that Tesla (who lacks the staff to even answer phone calls about vehicle service) will act as a long-distance after-the-fact supercharger concierge and enforcer.

The best solution is buried in the middle of this thread: Keep a small notepad and pen in your glovebox. When you encounter this situation, leave a note under the offender's wiper blade.

You don't have to be long-winded, clever, or vulgar. For non-charging Teslas, just "Please don't park here unless you're actively charging." Adjust as needed for the situation.

In many cases, a gentle private shaming is good enough to change behavior. This goes for public (level 2) charging offenders, too.

We were in Kelowna, BC and there was a Model 3 with "TAXI" in big letters on the side that had obviously "forgotten" to plug in. We tried to help them out, but the charge port would not open from the button on the charge head.
I was at the same SC three weeks ago and there were three Teslas from the same taxi company that were occupying stalls and not charging. Oh, and the SC was at capacity with the other stalls actually charging cars. Not good.

I was at the same SC three weeks ago and there were three Teslas from the same taxi company that were occupying stalls and not charging. Oh, and the SC was at capacity with the other stalls actually charging cars. Not good.

I’d call the taxi company with a bunch of pickup requests within a mile or two of those parked Teslas, so they’d send the drivers back to their cars and on their way. Just kidding, but fun to imagine ways to handle situations like that though...

• Funny
Reactions: CalBlue 85D