Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Tesla Charging at Tesla Supercharger station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I stopped at the Lee Mass Supercharger to top off my Model Y to continue my trip home. I noticed a Nissan Aria (I think) parked and plugged into a Tesla Supercharger. I know an agreement was signed but didn't realize it was already in effect. However, because the charge port on the Nissan is on the right fender behind the front wheel the Nissan was parked diagonally and taking up 3 spaces. Sharing is fine but I hope this isn't the wave of the future as charging is becoming more popular every space is needed. Tesla drivers have always been courteous, perhaps Tesla should reach out to other companies and make sure their charge ports can be accommodated at Tesla Superchargers.

Akafrank

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
You seem to have missed out on a whole lot of news.

Also, I've been to plenty of superchargers where Tesla drivers were blocking multiple stalls. I think they were typically trying to prevent load sharing on V2 chargers.

Reactions: KJD
As a non-Tesla EV (Mach-E) owner that will have access to the V3 superchargers in Feb, if I understand correctly, it's best for us to start at the farthest right stall. I'm looking forward to using a V3 SC on my next trip, which will be at the end of Feb. I don't plan on parking sideways or angled out of respect for other people who need to charge.

As a non-Tesla EV (Mach-E) owner that will have access to the V3 superchargers in Feb, if I understand correctly, it's best for us to start at the farthest right stall. I'm looking forward to using a V3 SC on my next trip, which will be at the end of Feb. I don't plan on parking sideways or angled out of respect for other people who need to charge.

Maybe this could be a good recommendation for Tesla drivers to try avoiding using, when posible,
the first two stalls and last two stalls of a row of Superchagers, so it would be more simple for non-Tesla users
to park depending on the location of their port, as sometime those users might need to use two spots.

Note: This would be only le case of V3 Superchargers with Magic Box, as the V4 Superchargers will have a longer cable.

Yes, you will have to park at an angle so would take a bit of the spot to the right due to the short cable length. So, yes you start from the right, and if there's a regular spot next to that end you don't lose space.
Here's an example from Reddit with a photo posted a Tesla owner, where the Mach E owner replied to explain what they did.

I have a Kona and my front port means that it's not as bad, but still I needed to shift over slightly when I used Brewster, NY.

Ultimately V4's longer cables will help resolve it.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.png
    IMG_1902.png
    825.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1903.png
    IMG_1903.png
    432 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The last check in there was a 2023 Chevy Bolt.
I’d bet that person just mistakenly checked in under the listing for the Supercharger station instead of the ChargePoint J1772 station that’s in the same parking lot. There are a couple other check-ins from non-Teslas, and one of them mentions that one of the two plugs was broken, which clearly points to the ChargePoint station which only has 2 plugs.

’d bet that person just mistakenly checked in under the listing for the Supercharger station instead of the ChargePoint J1772 station that’s in the same parking lot. There are a couple other check-ins from non-Teslas, and one of them mentions that one of the two plugs was broken, which clearly points to the ChargePoint station which only has 2 plugs.
That was my first thought as well, that it was a mistake, that somebody checked into the wrong location. Even I have done that, but only with the same type of charge station but at different nearby locations. And there is no way that I know of to edit or delete after such mistake is made. So what I do is to leave a comment after that I messed up at the incorrect location.

BTW, I didn't notice the J-1172 there until you mentioned it. They usually combine those under the fast charger icon. But in that case, the J-plug is green and separated, even though the same address.

-Don- Reno, NV

I’m not finding that on Plugshare.

Here’s what I’m finding:

View attachment 1015116

V2 (150kW) and no CCS plugs. But how then to explain what the OP saw with the Nissan plugged in? 🤔
You are right! Now when I ask PlugShare to show CCS it no longer shows Lee, in spite of the other checkins.
I guess they corrected themselves, but apparently someone introduced some false information as noted above.