Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D Acceleration Video in Snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a ride fairly early in the evening, and then managed to get a second ride at the end once the lineup disappeared (I was waiting around for my car to finish charging so what the heck!). I did notice on the later run that the car did squirm a bit under full acceleration, and didn't quite hit the same speed by the end of the tent. The road surface wasn't really any wetter but it was colder.

Still, the performance in those conditions was nothing short of amazing. It was far faster in cold, wet conditions than my P85 would be on warm, dry pavement.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video!

I am putting Hakka R2's on my P85D soon after I get it. I can't wait to try it on my Pagosa driveway this winter. I will try to get a video within a month or two.

This run was in pretty benign winter conditions. It will be fun to try in deeper snow and perhaps a standing start in a steep section with the P85D.

Here is the run a few years earlier in a Chevy 4WD pickup. The snow was deeper, but notice the comments about a dynamic, keep-your-speed-up run even in the 4WD pickup.

Last edited by a moderator: