TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla P85D Acceleration Video in Snow

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Macgaver, Dec 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

#1 Macgaver, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Tesla Montreal was opening yesterday night. They had P85D not yet available for test drive, but available for tours... and we had some snow ! As you can see in the video, snow and -6c temperature were not a problem !

P85D Tesla in Canada Snow - YouTube

2. S85Black

S85Black Member

Nice, thanx for sharing

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

#3 Doug_G, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    I got a ride fairly early in the evening, and then managed to get a second ride at the end once the lineup disappeared (I was waiting around for my car to finish charging so what the heck!). I did notice on the later run that the car did squirm a bit under full acceleration, and didn't quite hit the same speed by the end of the tent. The road surface wasn't really any wetter but it was colder.

Still, the performance in those conditions was nothing short of amazing. It was far faster in cold, wet conditions than my P85 would be on warm, dry pavement.

4. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

#4 Cottonwood, Dec 7, 2014
    Thanks for the video!

I am putting Hakka R2's on my P85D soon after I get it. I can't wait to try it on my Pagosa driveway this winter. I will try to get a video within a month or two.

This run was in pretty benign winter conditions. It will be fun to try in deeper snow and perhaps a standing start in a steep section with the P85D.

Here is the run a few years earlier in a Chevy 4WD pickup. The snow was deeper, but notice the comments about a dynamic, keep-your-speed-up run even in the 4WD pickup.

5. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

#5 Macgaver, Dec 8, 2014
  6. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

That's not winter and snow!!! Not even close!