Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not my cup of tea but I didn't realize "people" didnt like red. So is "red" the reason this car has not yet sold?

But then how do you explain these similar non-red CPO P85Ds available, fully loaded, with a 4 year CPO warranty for also around $52K. I would have expected them to be snatched up right away. Are these customers buying P3Ds?

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H28EFP62390 | Tesla

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
I can see the 2014 selling for less. I feel Tesla started to nail all the obvious production issues by end of 2014. Plus one year less on the drivetrain and battery warranty and the 2014 should sell for less. But the 2015 not moving I cannot explain.

I can see the 2014 selling for less. I feel Tesla started to nail all the obvious production issues by end of 2014. Plus one year less on the drivetrain and battery warranty and the 2014 should sell for less. But the 2015 not moving I cannot explain.

I think it might be because this is a California car and cannot get the new HOV stickers. That's one of the main reasons lots of califirnia cars are sitting for so long.

Just found a P85D for $41K! There is accident damage on the CarFax but still a great price if the damage wasn;t too severe and was repaired properly... They might even accept an offer in the late 30s!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/762249762/overview/
I've been in communication with them for some time now about this car specifically and there's a few important points to make:

1) They are NOT forthcoming with the accident information you speak of and even go as far as trying to ignore direct questions you have about the history of the vehicle and

2) it has been sold as of 2/9/18.

I was talking with them for quite some time and it was a frustrating circus of the "usual used car dealer" games that I have come to hate playing over the years. Every damn email was met with "well can you come down today and look at it" after they knew I was several states away and trying to compile information to make a decision to fly out and buy.

Part of me is glad someone else bought it because I knew there had to be a reason it was so cheap and I was sick of trying to work with the Ya-hoos they have mashing keys over there in their "internet department" at ALM where apparently knowledge of turning on a PC and clicking send on a poorly written email that doesn't directly address any of the questions asked are the only qualifications.

I've been in communication with them for some time now about this car specifically and there's a few important points to make:

1) They are NOT forthcoming with the accident information you speak of and even go as far as trying to ignore direct questions you have about the history of the vehicle and

2) it has been sold as of 2/9/18.

I was talking with them for quite some time and it was a frustrating circus of the "usual used car dealer" games that I have come to hate playing over the years. Every damn email was met with "well can you come down today and look at it" after they knew I was several states away and trying to compile information to make a decision to fly out and buy.

Part of me is glad someone else bought it because I knew there had to be a reason it was so cheap and I was sick of trying to work with the Ya-hoos they have mashing keys over there in their "internet department" at ALM where apparently knowledge of turning on a PC and clicking send on a poorly written email that doesn't directly address any of the questions asked are the only qualifications.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bHhoWGNSVENFQVZtVHhMMDFROEUyY2dJdDdqSE9n

I'm in the process of buying it, I guess they're telling people I bought it already even though nothing has been signed. Above are some videos / photos my friend took in Georgia of it.

The out the door price ended up being 41.9, and I have to pay to have it delivered to me in Ohio, $400 for that fee. I have to pay taxes once I go to title it, that'll be a nice 2.8k extra.

It's listed for 41.9 online, and then they add on $700 in "doc fees", and $100 in "non tax fees" that I negotiated back off. I guess there wasn't a lot of wiggle room or I suck at negotiation but they straight up ignored my 40k offer

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Don TLR
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bHhoWGNSVENFQVZtVHhMMDFROEUyY2dJdDdqSE9n

I'm in the process of buying it, I guess they're telling people I bought it already even though nothing has been signed. Above are some videos / photos my friend took in Georgia of it.

The out the door price ended up being 41.9, and I have to pay to have it delivered to me in Ohio, $400 for that fee. I have to pay taxes once I go to title it, that'll be a nice 2.8k extra.

It's listed for 41.9 online, and then they add on $700 in "doc fees", and $100 in "non tax fees" that I negotiated back off. I guess there wasn't a lot of wiggle room or I suck at negotiation but they straight up ignored my 40k offer
More power to you but I wouldn't have paid that for that car having not been able to see/drive it in person especially with an accident in it's history. Any idea where the damage was and the extent? My guess is front or front passenger side to be more specific. It looks like that front passenger side quarter panel and hood don't quite line-up and it's more than just frame-gap stuff you see from the factory.

Also, hell is going on with that charger? Looks like a 30A adapter of some sort on a UMC but it has like bubble wrap around where it would connect? Kind of odd but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

It had a few of the things I was looking for but wrong color and missing a few options I wanted. I was attracted to it by the price but the more I saw the less I wanted it and the inept crew they have there running things made me even less inclined to buy it. Good luck to you though and hopefully it ends up being worth the large gamble you're taking but I wouldn't be taking it.

More power to you but I wouldn't have paid that for that car having not been able to see/drive it in person especially with an accident in it's history. Any idea where the damage was and the extent? My guess is front or front passenger side to be more specific. It looks like that front passenger side quarter panel and hood don't quite line-up and it's more than just frame-gap stuff you see from the factory.

Also, hell is going on with that charger? Looks like a 30A adapter of some sort on a UMC but it has like bubble wrap around where it would connect? Kind of odd but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

It had a few of the things I was looking for but wrong color and missing a few options I wanted. I was attracted to it by the price but the more I saw the less I wanted it and the inept crew they have there running things made me even less inclined to buy it. Good luck to you though and hopefully it ends up being worth the large gamble you're taking but I wouldn't be taking it.

Yeah it's a large gamble. My friend currently owns a Tesla so he test drove it for me and ended up recommending the purchase.

Color is black metallic. It has air suspension, high fidelity audio, pup. Does not have subzero, is that the missing option you were looking for?

Yeah it's a large gamble. My friend currently owns a Tesla so he test drove it for me and ended up recommending the purchase.

Color is black metallic. It has air suspension, high fidelity audio, pup. Does not have subzero, is that the missing option you were looking for?
No Subzero & no dual charger. Seems like there was something else it was missing but those was two of the bigger ones I was looking for.

Congrats! $41K is probably the lowest anyone has paid for a P85D with a clean title. Seems like you have done or are doing your due diligence. Make sure the title is clean and if possible, take the care to Tesla for a pre-purchase inspection.

Charge screen shows 40A max. On the dual charger cars this will read 80A.
Good call.

At this point I’m just looking for an excuse to cancel the sale.

Front radar is missing a gasket, saw one on eBay for $85

Parcel shelf is missing, typically $150

Nose cone would need replaced, it’s in bad shape, likely $150

Leather seat needs repaired, $100-300

Not sure what else would need fixed. Wish if I could make the sale contingent on these parts but they’re really hard headed.

Good call.

At this point I’m just looking for an excuse to cancel the sale.

Front radar is missing a gasket, saw one on eBay for $85

Parcel shelf is missing, typically $150

Nose cone would need replaced, it’s in bad shape, likely $150

Leather seat needs repaired, $100-300

Not sure what else would need fixed. Wish if I could make the sale contingent on these parts but they’re really hard headed.
...and that's just the stuff that you know about which, as I hinted to earlier, you can't really know much more w/o seeing it & driving it before buying it. It has has pretty high miles too which, clean title or no, makes this a little bit spendy for what you get IMO. Especially when you combine it with an accident in it's history and that's just the one we know about. Not all of them are reported so it could be more than the one.

If you don't have any skin in the game as far as non-refundable deposit & aren't looking for the absolutely lowest priced P85D you can find I'd try to get out of that deal and invest a little bit more on something with a better history that needs less. That's my opinion though as this one could be a calamity.

Not only are they hard headed but they're kind of clueless dicks from my experience. They make it hard to WANT to do business with.

Ok, I am new to this site, I apologize, but I have a question about a 2018 S base model with 3,100 miles for $59 and change. Carfax checks as well as several other checks. Build date was September 2018. 3 month lease turn in. Anyone have any expertise or what to look for? Any help appreciated.

Isn't Tesla's pre-owned program currently basically the same? :)

That doesn't mean that you HAVE to do business with either Tesla OR this particular car dealership. There's lots of used Teslas for sale right now at other dealerships or the owner that would be happy to earn your business. The sooner we stop rewarding the bad behavior the sooner it forces corrections.