Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like you sold yours at the right time!
Yeah but I can also claim taking an $8k hit in 5 months isn't exactly "right" timing. Cars in general are a depreciating asset so one expects them to lose their value rapidly and sometimes drastically and there will always be better deals and prices as time goes by. With the recent reduction in price structure of the new Teslas, used prices will probably continue to drop commensurately. I drove a MBZ AMG wagon for 6 years that I sold for more than I bought it for so this was a tough pill for me to swallow and if it wasn't for basically exchanging the '14 P85D for a '15 P90DL at a net cost of $2-3k, I would've kept the P85D and would've been very happy with it, esp considering that there have been some issues with the 90 battery packs. And I've learned through this process that 2 similarly equipped models can vary in price by $4-6k but there can also be a huge disparity in the condition and extras (e.g. clear wrap, valid HOV stickers, etc), which to me was a big factor.

After seeing photos of this car for 44.8k, I'd have no problem paying a few grand more for one that has more options (subzero pkg, CF spoiler, purple CA HOV stickers), and more importantly, was obviously better taken care of by the previous owner(s)..

Last edited:
Yeah but I can also claim taking an $8k hit in 5 months isn't exactly "right" timing. Cars in general are a depreciating asset so one expects them to lose their value rapidly and sometimes drastically and there will always be better deals and prices as time goes by. With the recent reduction in price structure of the new Teslas, used prices will probably continue to drop commensurately. I drove a MBZ AMG wagon for 6 years that I sold for more than I bought it for so this was a tough pill for me to swallow and if it wasn't for basically exchanging the '14 P85D for a '15 P90DL at a net cost of $2-3k, I would've kept the P85D and would've been very happy with it, esp considering that there have been some issues with the 90 battery packs. And I've learned through this process that 2 similarly equipped models can vary in price by $4-6k but there can also be a huge disparity in the condition and extras (e.g. clear wrap, valid HOV stickers, etc), which to me was a big factor.

After seeing photos of this car for 44.8k, I'd have no problem paying a few grand more for one that has more options (subzero pkg, CF spoiler, purple CA HOV stickers), and more importantly, was obviously better taken care of by the previous owner(s)..

True. However, just over 24 hours ago, these exact cars were priced $4-5k more. EXACT same cars. Check them at the teslacpo.io site. That's a sudden and drastic reduction. But yeah, condition makes a difference. Hope you are enjoying the P90DL!

True. However, just over 24 hours ago, these exact cars were priced $4-5k more. EXACT same cars. Check them at the teslacpo.io site. That's a sudden and drastic reduction. But yeah, condition makes a difference. Hope you are enjoying the P90DL!

My first post! I'll make a more proper introduction when I take delivery...

I've been following prices for about a month now, and yes, on Tuesday morning, prices dropped about 10% across the board on the used inventory I'm interested in (2015 P85D/P90D w/ 4yr, pano). Have to assume it was related to the hefty discounts on the new models. I'd almost hit "Buy" on one with literally every option (even rear facing seats) at $56k, but after seeing it drop to $51k that morning, I was entering my cc info without a seconds hesitation!

Seems after the big discontinuity on Tuesday, they've still been inching down close to their previous trajectory, though a whole bunch seemed to sell fast. Happy to have waited and gotten in at what I think is just the right time...

Reactions: MC408 and PhilDavid

I've been following prices for about a month now, and yes, on Tuesday morning, prices dropped about 10% across the board on the used inventory I'm interested in (2015 P85D/P90D w/ 4yr, pano). Have to assume it was related to the hefty discounts on the new models. I'd almost hit "Buy" on one with literally every option (even rear facing seats) at $56k, but after seeing it drop to $51k that morning, I was entering my cc info without a seconds hesitation!

Seems after the big discontinuity on Tuesday, they've still been inching down close to their previous trajectory, though a whole bunch seemed to sell fast. Happy to have waited and gotten in at what I think is just the right time...

Congrats! Timing is everything with a used Tesla...

Have a set budget and wait for the car to come to you :)

Reactions: dblankenbaker

You might not want to hear this but a fully loaded P85D is now 46-48k via CPO

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid

That top one could be one of the worst color interior/exterior combinations of all time. But yes, it is 47k. To each their own....

Right, I wouldn’t consider the 2 year warranty "loaded" — it’s missing out on the key advantage of buying from Tesla. And it has 67,000+ miles. And it’s ugly as heck — how many different color materials could the original owner jam in there???

Anyways, yes, cheaper alternatives exist, but none that were black on black, pano, rear facing seats, next gen seats, air suspension, 21’ wheels, dual chargers, subzero, AP, tech, premium, alcantara, ultra hifi, 4yr/50, less than 29k miles, and amazingly local (no shipping!) with the now coveted red HOV sticker.

In fact, I was torn because I could have gotten a slightly cheaper one with my requirements (pano, rear facing seats, 4yr/50, AP) but it was blue and didn’t have the other options. I’m glad I waited and spent the extra 2k for perfection.

Reactions: MC408

Congrats and welcome to the club! That’s a great deal!

Let us know how delivery goes!

Even at $56k, the value you get in that car is well worth it, so $51k is a steal!