Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla paints like my 4 year old

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my second Tesla, my MS at paint issues also. This is something I never seen before.First don't do a Friday night delivery, everyone wants to go home. So today is Sunday we took a Sunday drive in the new MX. Stopped at the supercharger; she wanted to go shopping. I'm playing with my new toy. Opened the doors, and we see this gold reflection between the door and rear inside of the front fender. Thought it was just the sun we swithed side to see if it was just how we were looking at it. Awwwwwwwwwwww! She started to laugh and went shopping. I stayed looking at the parts the robot did paint. Has anyone had this big off QC issue?

Trey

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
IMG_0994.jpg IMG_0995.jpg IMG_0996.jpg IMG_0997.jpg

Is this normal? If it is,this is my first car to not be painted inside and out. My MS was painted inside

• Funny
Picked up mine in August. It is also golden inside the front fenders. And there are some "golden" spots under the frunk lid as well. It's not really "golden" ... it's more like an off-white/yellow. It's the color of primer.

on white cars it looks like it has been painted, but it's really unfinished primer or something like that. if you have a darker color, it is more noticeable. we looked on both cars and it's unfinished white. there is another recent thread pointing it out. i hadn't noticed in the 4+ years we've had 2 model S's (first one was white though).

As weird as it is, this is perfectly normal for Tesla. They are one of the few manufacturers that paint with the doors already attached. Therefore that's a blind spot for the paint sprays. The gold/white areas are just primer or whatever they dip the frame in.

• Informative
Then how do you explain post #7 above?

White is the only color where it looks like the door jamb is painted because the primer is white/light. But look closely and it's not glossy.

So you're telling me every MX has this issue. No top coat in this area? You pay $1000 extra for this color and they can't paint the whole car and jambs? My MS didn't look like this.

P100D. No paint there.

Not. A. Single. X. With. Paint. There. What color was your S?