Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla paints like my 4 year old

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i doubt they will repaint. i'll admit i was surprised it wasn't painted either but then i thought, well it's been 4 years and no one (including me) noticed it, so do i really care. the door is only open for a few seconds each time and you aren't usually standing on that side as you pull it open.

i did compare it to our mercedes GL in steel grey paint, and the jambs are painted to match the body. so i completely understand you are annoyed, but i don't think there's much you can do about it unfortunately.

Model X and S with custom primer :D inside door jambs. My doors are usually closed so I don't really care.
Gold is special though. I'd prefer that.

Edit - I had condensation in a headlight and they immediately replaced it.....not that I stare at those either.

Y04petergriffin.jpg

Did you leave it? Did you bring it to there attention?
I told them and they said it’s normal. It won’t rust or anything since it already has primer. It’s due to a change in how Tesla paints cars. I suppose it speeds up the paint process. I stopped caring after a while. The creaks and rattles are the only thing that bother me.