Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Payment Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I’m looking to buy my first used approved M3 from Tesla. I test drove one the other day and couldn’t believe how sporty and nippy it was.

It’s more feasible for me if I pay via BACs through my business bank account instead of my personal account to settle the bill. Would they care that I am sending 50k from a business to settle the bill or would it need to be strictly in my name? (The logbook will be in my name, not the business).

Also, what was the process like in paying for it. I’ve heard horror stories so just being careful about the whole thing.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I’m looking to buy my first used approved M3 from Tesla. I test drove one the other day and couldn’t believe how sporty and nippy it was.

It’s more feasible for me if I pay via BACs through my business bank account instead of my personal account to settle the bill. Would they care that I am sending 50k from a business to settle the bill or would it need to be strictly in my name? (The logbook will be in my name, not the business).

Also, what was the process like in paying for it. I’ve heard horror stories so just being careful about the whole thing.

Thanks!
1.) DO NOT pay them in advance of receiving and inspecting your vehicle.

2.) I believe payment source must match the registration but not 100%. I’m sure if you search the forums you will find an answer. Or someone else will be along sjortly to chime in.

1.) DO NOT pay them in advance of receiving and inspecting your vehicle.

I agree with 1 however in the UK if you don't pay them straight away they will make you wait until its cleared if BACS that's 3-4 days, FPS within 1 day usually but to send 50k you need to do in branch or other phone with most banks.

Tesla only really care about having the money, never heard of them complaining what bank or name it came from

• Informative
Reactions: glide and Beady3647
Ok, seems like it should be fine. My main concern was if they asked for proof of bank transfer or a receipt and it mentions my business name instead of my actual name.

Do they normally ask for a receipt from the bank? Or is it a matter of just sending the funds, and then take the keys?

When you are doing the transfer, move £10 first. Then you can see it credit your Tesla account and you know you have correctly input all the details. When that has gone through send the rest.

If a proof of transfer needed, I took a screenshot of the transfers and uploaded them without any issue.

Reactions: Wol747 and init6
Ok, seems like it should be fine. My main concern was if they asked for proof of bank transfer or a receipt and it mentions my business name instead of my actual name.

Do they normally ask for a receipt from the bank? Or is it a matter of just sending the funds, and then take the keys?
When I picked mine up, they checked my account and could see it had been paid.

The Tesla account being with Citi always seems to flag up a "can't confirm recipient" from my bank. As others have suggested, do a small transfer first if you are cautious and confirm it is credited to your Tesla account before sending the main payment(s).

I don't think Tesla cares about the name on the account that the money is sent from. We recently purchased a Model Y. The money was paid from my bank account and the car registered in my wife's name. She and I have different surnames.

Reactions: Toblerone