Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Performance Model 3 Laguna Seca new mods and PB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a chance to test out my new suspension setup with Mountainpass Performance AWD Sport 2-way adjust coilovers and I had a blast! Car feels very balanced and I am able to fully attack corners that I couldn't before. It has just enough corner entry overseer to help rotate the car and then feels super planted in corner exit. It deals with compression very well and the car never gets unsettled from bumps or dips on the track.

Special shout out to John at https://www.facebook.com/kndacomplx for getting me these prototype Endless pads. No more high brake temp warning even on stock rotors. It insulates the heat away from the caliper pistons so brake fluid does not heat up as easily. It performs really well both on the street and on the track. The bite is high once heated up and the brake modulation and release is top notch. It seems to wear very well and is gentle on the rotors. Best pads I've had out of OEM, Unplugged Performance Street and Track pads, and RacingBrake XT910.

Setup: 18x9.5 with Nitto NT01 265/40/18 1st track day
Mountainpass Performance AWD Sport coilovers
Mountainpass Performance rear Toe and Camber suspension arms
Prototype Endless endurance racing pads
Stock rotors with heatshield removed with Castro SRF fluid and MPP stainless steel line
UPP rear stabilizer bar
Special secrete sauce alignment spec

Alignment and tire mount and road force balanced at The Driveway in San Jose

1PM session, mixed passing group.

Front Straight pass

@mcbarnet007 could you say more about the Endless pad? Compound material, is it carbon ceramic based? You hinted it requires some heat to work well.

It is somewhere between these two

ENDLESS OFFICIAL WEB SITE
ENDLESS OFFICIAL WEB SITE

It is an entirely new formula aiming for Tesla Model 3 because of the heavy weight and smallish stock rotors. 3 to 4 braking zone is enough to bring it up to optimal temperature but it does bite even more as it heats up. For daily driving, the bite is better than OEM so no real issue there either.

The real magic is how the pad prevent the heat from traveling from the rotors to the pistons. This is how to avoid brake fade on track. Each of the different temperature paint will change color depending on the temperature it is exposed to. As you can see the pad material actually prevented the heat from traveling to the piston.

67871094_1155243207995630_1697728369413586944_n.jpg 67809429_2395108527239692_5115825388391497728_n.jpg Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.07.31 AM.png

It will be available for base and performance upgrade brakes in the coming week at

http://www.corner3motorsports.com

Last edited:
Great driving B!

Can you share your alignment specs, along which rebound and compression settings?

I missed out on my opportunity to put the Endless pads to work this weekend, but they feel great on the street compared to stock. There's a slight squeak at full stop in traffic, but I can live with it.

Great driving B!

Can you share your alignment specs, along which rebound and compression settings?

I missed out on my opportunity to put the Endless pads to work this weekend, but they feel great on the street compared to stock. There's a slight squeak at full stop in traffic, but I can live with it.

Thanks!

I used the setting recommended by MPP

High-Speed / High-Compression Track Damper Settings (clicks from full stiff – higher number is softer)
  • Front Compression: 5
  • Front Rebound: 5
  • Rear Compression: 4
  • Rear Rebound: 3
I have zero toe at front and 0.04 toe out in the rear. Camber is -1.5 up front and -1.88 in the rear.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Sweet. What group was that with? I'm going to be out at Laguna Seca on Friday this week with NCRC. Going to try and break 1:50 this time out! Might be my last change to get into the 1:40s before my next kid is born and I don't go to the track for a year...

Curious if these pads have the spring retainers for the performance brakes that keep the pads in place when the brakes are released.

I have the Unplugged pads and they rattle terribly on potholed roads. The car is so quiet otherwise that its really distracting to hear the pad rattling around in there.

This was with Track masters racing. I tries to sign up for NCRC but the point by group is full
Yeah point by always fills up really fast with NCRC.

How was Track Masters? I've run with HOD, NCRC, Lotus Club, and a couple others. I like Lotus Club and NCRC the best because of the focus on safety and relatively low cost. Really hoping to see a Tesla out there on Friday this week!