Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, please get rid of the fake leather and use real leather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real leather has a high environmental cost compared to 'fake' leather. For a company that touts sustainable energy future, I do not think it will ever utilize the real leather... I would definitely suggest a regular cleaning regimen to maintain/expand the lifespan of the fake leather quality. Maybe it will help 🤔
How does real leather have a high environmental cost compared to fake leather? Leather is a biproduct of the beef industry. Fake leather is made from oil and there is nothing natural about it.

My 2017 S has real leather, black. It’s great and it still smells wonderful.

You can get leather for any car, there are shops that will re cover your seats and interior using genuine leather. I don’t think the cost is that high.

here is one company Custom Car Interior | Why Katzkin | Pricing | Cost | Katzkin. I don’t know anything about this company beyond looking at its website.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsight
Wool for the win...?
2021 Volvo XC90 T8 Tailored Wool Interior Review: Wooly Bully

Leather and fake leather (can be made from recycled plastics) are cold in the winter and hot in the summer. The only benefit I see with these traditional seat surface materials is they are easy to clean. My back sweats like a criminal on trial on both leather and fake leather. I would like a breathable material, durable, easy to keep clean, and works efficiently with both heating and cooling seat functions. Looking forward to the adoption of wool (Volvo, BMW for now).

The source of wool doesn't need to be killed to "harvest the product"...sustainable.

Reactions: MitchMitch