Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla posts FSD demo video of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the video is of the drive from Tesla HQ in Palo Alto, down Page Mill to 280 and back. Been that way before. I wonder if the other Teslas lined up in the other direction at the beginning of the video were FSD rides on their way back to HQ after their demo ride.

Looks like the video is of the drive from Tesla HQ in Palo Alto, down Page Mill to 280 and back. Been that way before. I wonder if the other Teslas lined up in the other direction at the beginning of the video were FSD rides on their way back to HQ after their demo ride.
I think so. It looks very similar to when I did my Model 3 test drive at that location last year (although the route is slightly different after the highway segment).

So, @Knightshade, does this qualify as testing an autonomous vehicle under California law? :p
Not that I really want to argue about this again. I think it does.

The demo video you mean? Probably.

Good thing they already have a permit to do that, huh?

Permit Holders

The stuff releasing to actual customers anytime this year though- not so much.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
This means nothing until we see the number of disengagement’s this took to make next year. Like great video, but if it took 5 cars and 300 disengagement’s not so much, fool me once....

I have gotten so cynical lately, but it feels like 2016 all over again in here. Lots of excitement and lofty statements about when we will start seeing these awesome FSD features. Been there, done that, already been suckered into a $3k FSD purchase.

Hope it’s real this time and we actually start seeing FSD features get released before 2020.

Can someone post a slowed down version or tell me how to slow this one down?

New UI looks great

If using iOS you can watch the video with the YouTube app and click on the 3 vertical dots at the top right of the screen and there’s an option to adjust playback speed there. If using a computer watch it on YouTube’s site instead of the embedded video I posted and you should see playback speed options there as well. Not sure about Android devices but I suspect it’s similar to how it works in iOS.

• Helpful
Reactions: redgt
Video looks like NOA with a few stop signs and a couple traffic lights mixed in.

Cloverleaf, vehicles changing lanes and saw one pulled off to the side of 280. Elevation changes somewhat. Windy local roads. I thought today’s drive had a number of different conditions and probably a nice test demo route for the attendees. Probably still working on the local city driving.

Reactions: SmartElectric
At the very beginning of the video the demo car seems to think its at a stop sign (maybe it is) and the model 3 stopped opposite on the left is lit up blue in the UI ... it gives it a minute and the blue fades and the demo car takes off

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ
BTW Elon during the Event said that later today the participants would Drive the cars with the development version of the improved software and see for themselves, so I’m guessing the video is of one of the attendees in the driver’s seat.

Elon is right that with all the Teslas today (and those getting updates) having all the necessary hardware for FSD is a big thing. And I agree with him that it will make Teslas appreciate on resale compared to other manufacturers cars sold recently and today. Way ahead. And honestly do people want to buy a car with all that equipment on top? I can’t stand the shark fins or the crossover hatchback visors.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I have gotten so cynical lately, but it feels like 2016 all over again in here. Lots of excitement and lofty statements about when we will start seeing these awesome FSD features. Been there, done that, already been suckered into a $3k FSD purchase.

Hope it’s real this time and we actually start seeing FSD features get released before 2020.
Agree. I actually thought the 2016 FSD was more impressive. It’s nice to show me what the car can do but when will it actually do what you’re showing me? I guess the waiting game continues.

True, it wasn’t a crazy complex route but still way better than the current version of autopilot. I still wonder how they will handle the fringe cases. What if there is an accident and a cop is directing traffic around it? Will the car be able to follow the cops directions?

Google cars can do that, so we can assume Tesla will at least try to replicate the same thing:

This is just another ‘feature’.

You notice they didn’t show the rear camera with all the bodies and destruction left behind in its wake...

Prolly read about an F3 that blew thru yesterday....

Joking aside, I’m looking forward to the OPTION of FSD. Don’t need anyone taking a dump in my back seat while it’s off working as a Teslaxi. Hell if a tip from someone.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA