Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Puddle Lights - An super easy and fast upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
95C666E1-79E0-406A-B14A-E0CB4C3FC1B0.jpeg
8953327D-29C1-4D1C-B3F2-9A441F63B27D.jpeg

got my puddle lights installed. per the website install video - it’s pretty much a breeze.

my garage has epoxy coating on the floors, but the pics do the lights justice. i can snap a few more at true nighttime if needed.

they are sharp and very clear. they match all the other LED lights have installed in the X via Abstract Ocean.

Looks good. While it's very hard to compare actual brightness in photos, I'll post some pics of the cheaper amazon ones I have on the way (in a few days).

Did you maybe happen to take a few close-up pictures of the actual units before installing them?

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
Disclaimer: The lights described in this post are NOT the lights being sold here. This serves as comparison with a very similar product.

So these things are very cool. The units look very similar to the ones sold here and so far I strongly believe they have pretty much the same chineesium source. Much brighter and sharper than I expected after hearing the opinions posted here about the "cheap" lights from amazon.

As I said, it's nearly impossible to compare brightness just by pictures from different cameras/locations but I honestly don't think the ones sold here are that much better to warrant an almost double price. Sorry Wolf.

Back to the little lights. I did take one apart, for science! It's a simple concept, a very powerful LED and a small lenses assembly. It's not a particularly efficient and smart design, there's a lot of lost energy. Powered on without the lenses, the LED is super bright, lit half of my garage up. I would love to see a pair of actual quality OEM projectors from another auto maker, again, for science :)

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid