Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a deer hit some seven weeks back. Since then my white Model S70 is in garage for want of body parts and couple other parts. Tesla does not seem to be geared up for repair parts. Tesla Motors is the sole source of supply.
Now, after 7 weeks i am told that Tesla has started to manufacture the required bumper for my repairs and it will be shipped out on or about 19th of this month!
What a wait! I would be paying the lease for all these months and all the hassles.
Did anyone face similar problem with parts?

@mmvasu absolutely feel your pain.(deer included for me) I am "SUPPOSED" to pick up my 85D from the collision center today. Just 1 day shy of TWO months. The hold up......wait for it.....all the waiting was for.....a bumper cover. Mot some exotic small part that remains ellusive but a part that has to be on somebody's radar at Tesla as one of the most common needed repair parts. Just a little less common than a windshield even. In any case after my almost 2 months I "hope" to be back in my car today. (Having made 2 months of car payments and the $1200 rental car long gone as well)

In terms of lease payments, I had a similar issue with a Porsche I leased a couple of years back. They had to replace the whole engine of the car and had to wait for the engine to come from Germany. Total down time 25 days. The dealer stepped up and reimbursed me a monthly payment (about $900).

One difference here is that my repair was covered by warranty.

Can't you ask for a loaner while waiting? Maybe they will help you..

I got a deer hit some seven weeks back. Since then my white Model S70 is in garage for want of body parts and couple other parts. Tesla does not seem to be geared up for repair parts. Tesla Motors is the sole source of supply.
Now, after 7 weeks i am told that Tesla has started to manufacture the required bumper for my repairs and it will be shipped out on or about 19th of this month!
What a wait! I would be paying the lease for all these months and all the hassles.
Did anyone face similar problem with parts?
yup, this is the dark side of the tesla experience