Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla replaced my yoke with an updated version today. đź‘Ś

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ryanflynn

2021 MSLR to the moon
Apr 28, 2021
Venice, CA
Hey friends,

I’ve had my yoke replaced twice due to the pealing issue, this time they replaced it with a new version. As you can see in the picture, the new version has a different texture and feels more rubbery. I actually prefer it. In addition, the haptic feedback feels more clicky that the previous versions.

I thought I’d share, because I know some people have been waiting to replace until there was a permanent solution.
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg

Thanks, the left top part of my yoke is starting to peel. I just put in a service request so we will see if they cover it or whether it has to get worse before they replace it. How bad was yours peeling and did they fight you on the replacement?

Just installed today $60 shipped from the bay; took 1 hour to install and tuck on corners. My service center just told me October for new yoke release, so this will hold me over until new tesla oem material available. Pretty nice quality

Attachments

• IMG_2881.jpeg
    IMG_2881.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2913.jpeg
    IMG_2913.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 199
Do any of these use the airbag as the horn activator? Service replaced my yoke today because my turn signals intermittently don't trigger on press. Won't know revision until I pick her up tomorrow.

Do any of these use the airbag as the horn activator? Service replaced my yoke today because my turn signals intermittently don't trigger on press. Won't know revision until I pick her up tomorrow.
hey did you pick up the car? how did it go?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Oh well, had my yoke replaced today since I was in the service center for a new door hinge and trunk latch. I told him someone got back to me on the app and told me to wait until November for the new yoke but the service advisor said they have a yoke in stock and just bring it back when it starts peeling again and they will replace it with the new model so I had them replace it, oh well. I couldn’t wait.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I just had my yoke replaced and part number seems to have been updated again from OP. I can confirm the texture is slightly more grippier and the yoke feels ever so slightly thicker. The haptic feedback and clicks are very solid and provide a firm click unlike original yoke which was mushy and rattley.

My new yoke part number is PUR(1622612-00-H)

I also had my wireless charging pad replaced and the new one also seems updated and features a grippy rubber strip on the top portion where the phone rests. My original charging pad was plastic all the way and phone would slide around with turns.

Part #: Console Phone Dock (1622624-00-B).

I just had my yoke replaced and part number seems to have been updated again from OP. I can confirm the texture is slightly more grippier and the yoke feels ever so slightly thicker. The haptic feedback and clicks are very solid and provide a firm click unlike original yoke which was mushy and rattley.

I also had my wireless charging pad replaced and the new one also seems updated and features a grippy rubber strip on the top portion where the phone rests. My original charging pad was plastic all the way and phone would slide around with turns.

Can you provide a detailed / clear photo of your wireless charging pad?

That part number for the steering wheel may be the older model. I have the same part number for the yoke that was replaced last month.