Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 'Road Tripping'!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange thing happened this morning when I took out my M3 and switched on Autopilot for the first time since last software update (currently on 2020.36.1). When autopilot engaged the screen showed the road ahead between my car and a lorry up ahead painted in pulsing, psychadelic rainbow colours! Fortunate that the car was driving itself at this point as my reaction was surprise to say the least - had someone spiked my coffee?
Never seen this before - can anyone enlighten me about this? Is it a known Easter egg and Elon is having a laugh? Or can you turn this on with some setting I was unaware of that I activated by chance after the software update?
Next few times I turned on Autopilot this morning the same pulsing rainbow effect did not happen, which just makes it seem even even stranger.
Hope someone else has seen this or I will think that maybe I just imagined it...

Yes I did! Cowbells as well. Thanks for explaining what happened as I was not expecting it and it certainly came as a surprise! I assumed it was some sort of Easter egg but had not seen or heard of that one before and didn't realise what I had done to trigger it!
So what other fun surprises am I missing??