Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Sport Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that we were debating earlier whether the pictures are accurate or just a fantasy rendering. Those pictures were first introduced with the PR about the Sport model. But it turned out that the Sport model was really about the more powerful motor, adjustable suspension, high performance tires, etc.

The interior was a big question mark as to the accuracy. The push button gear shifting, the glove box, etc.

I have confirmed that the picture is accurate except for the seats. The seats are still customized based on the owner selections for leather and colors.

I think, however, the interior renderings include the $9000 "Premium Carbon Fiber and Leather"as evidenced by the CF instrument cluster hood and the top of the dash.

A glovebox?!?

Does anyone remember way back when Tesla said that adding a glovebox would require whole new crash testing?

Yeah, that was my understanding, since the door to the glovebox is a moving part.

I thought about getting some extra carbon fiber accents, but the cost for those options is really crazy.

Exterior options:
Exterior Carbon Fiber Accent Group, $9,000

Interior options:
Premium Carbon Fiber and Leather, $9,000

I am sure that would make it truly a unique car though. I doubt many people are upgrading to that option package.

I would really like to see Tesla produce a marketing vehicle that is completely pimped out with all of these options. Sport option, every single carbon fiber option, executive leather, etc.

Mine has just about everything else possible on it. But I could not justify $18,000 more just for a few pieces of carbon fiber accents and some extra cow hide.

I did get the carbon fiber hardtop. I think that the Radiant Red looks much better with the black contrast of the softtop. The painted hardtop just doesn't flow well visually to me. So with the carbon fiber hardtop, I am hoping for a sharp contrast.

Another car I saw with blackout wheels but shiny rims.
3357295173_2d60ecfa28_o.jpg

Locked in

Hi, I just joined this forum. Locked in a few weeks ago and just learned that my Tesla is going into production and is 6-7 weeks away.

My Tesla arrives just before the optional upgrades become available, so I guess I am lucky that I don't have to sweat over such expensive decisions about some of the upgrades.

I grabbed these two pictures from Doug's photostream at the Model S unveiling. These are two examples of the black wheels on a Tesla Roadster. One looks really good, one looks really bad.

Here it is on an Orange Roadster and it looks good.
But on the Grey Roadster it just looks dirty.

Attachments

• Black_Wheels_Orange_Roadster.jpg
    Black_Wheels_Orange_Roadster.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Black_Wheels_Grey_Roadster.jpg
    Black_Wheels_Grey_Roadster.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 61