Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Sport Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that gray roadster actually has gray painted wheels, not black.

Whatever they did on that Grey one, it just doesn't look good.
I am extremely interested in how the black wheels look on a Roadster because I tentatively ordered them for a Radiant Red Sport model.

I think it will work with a glossy black wheel and also have the Carbon Fiber hardtop.

I plan on visiting Menlo Park for a few days to have fun with my car before it is shipped. If I don't like the black wheels, I am hopeful they will let me swap for the original silver Tesla wheels. But I am going to try it out in black first to see how it works.

I am extremely interested in how the black wheels look on a Roadster because I tentatively ordered them for a Radiant Red Sport model.

I think it will work with a glossy black wheel and also have the Carbon Fiber hardtop.

This is my configuration as well: Radiant Red Sport model with black wheels and carbon fiber top.

What are you doing for interior colors? I'm undecided there.

This is my configuration as well: Radiant Red Sport model with black wheels and carbon fiber top.

What are you doing for interior colors? I'm undecided there.

Well, you will get to check it out before taking delivery. A few media outfits have expressed interest in getting a test drive of the first Roadster Sport. So while I am there we will likely take it to a few scenic locations for photos of the exterior and new 2009 interior changes.

I did the black/red with the headrest black. Rally 1 (they discontinued Rally 2 for 2009).

I was told by a few Tesla employees that the interior red color does not work with Fusion Red, but it does work visually with Radiant Red.

http://peakoilgarage.com/my-tesla/radiant_red_black_and_red_interior_black_headrest/

tesla_interior_black_red_rally_1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you will get to check it out before taking delivery. A few media outfits have expressed interest in getting a test drive of the first Roadster Sport. So while I am there we will likely take it to a few scenic locations for photos of the exterior and new 2009 interior changes.

I'll need to lock in my choices in about 1 month, before you take delivery.

Your interior choices are the same as my tentative choice right now. Sounds like our cars will be identical. I've toyed with the idea of choosing the executive leather/cf interior, but will likely pass.

I like the interior as seen in the Sport sample photos, but I understand that style is not being made available.

Have you seen any photos or samples of the exposed carbon fiber hardtop? I'm assuming it will look the same as the exposed roll bar. Do you have any confirmation of that?

Your interior choices are the same as my tentative choice right now. Sounds like our cars will be identical. I've toyed with the idea of choosing the executive leather/cf interior, but will likely pass.

I also gave some thought to just going all out and getting the exterior carbon fiber accents and interior preium leather with carbon fiber. But those options would have been $18,000 and would have been really crazy. But it would have looked incredible. I doubt anyone is doing it, but I wish someone would so I could see it.

Have you seen any photos or samples of the exposed carbon fiber hardtop? I'm assuming it will look the same as the exposed roll bar. Do you have any confirmation of that?

They say it matches the exposed roll bar. None will be delivered until June, so there is no way to know exactly how it will look.

I did every other option though. Did you also?
Sport option, Paint armor, solar windshield, CF hardtop, electronics group, floor mats, black Tesla wheels, HPC, MC240.

I left off the extended warranty and battery replacement.

Last edited:
My config is going to be exactly the same, although I'll probably do without the MC240, hoping that it gets cheaper over the next year or so. I'm going with Very Orange, with the Black/Orange seats for the interior. I am a lot more tempted by the Executive Leather than I thought I would be. Despite the outrageous cost ($6k, and you still have to pay the $1,800 for the upgraded leather), I am REALLY pleased that they decided to do the accent stitching on the seats (and dash, etc.), just like the Sport mockup. I'd originally been told that the 2009s would NOT include stitched seats in that package. I've only got about 8 more hours to think about it, because I'm going to lock in tonight.

Lancelac wrote:
I am a lot more tempted by the Executive Leather than I thought I would be. Despite the outrageous cost ($6k, and you still have to pay the $1,800 for the upgraded leather), I am REALLY pleased that they decided to do the accent stitching on the seats (and dash, etc.), just like the Sport mockup. I'd originally been told that the 2009s would NOT include stitched seats in that package.

Lancelac: how did you learn about the final appearance of the Executive Leather option? I'm not quite to my lockin date yet (though I'm told it is soon), so my "about your car" section is still empty - does yours have photos of the new options?

If you have any photos or specs for the new options that you can share, I'd love to see them!

Good luck with your decisions in a few hours...

Lancelac wrote:

Lancelac: how did you learn about the final appearance of the Executive Leather option? I'm not quite to my lockin date yet (though I'm told it is soon), so my "about your car" section is still empty - does yours have photos of the new options?

If you have any photos or specs for the new options that you can share, I'd love to see them!

Good luck with your decisions in a few hours...

Send me your email in a private message and I'll forward you what they sent me. It is not a real picture of what it will look like, but more like schematics, which show where the stitching and leather will be for the entire interior.

I see no reason for the HPC. With standard mode charging every night, the 240 will be plenty sufficient. For overnight trips, the 240 becomes my mobile charger. I have family and friends who either already have a 14-50 outlet, or would be willing to install one for me.

That is a good point. There really is no need for the HPC. Especially since they are likely to have a new one for the Model S in a few years. I recall reading that Elon feels that the current HPC is too bulky. With the higher volume from the Model S the HPC will be cheaper then. Also they will make an adapter so that the Model S HPC will work with the Roadster also.

Or if you figure out in a few months that you really need an HPC, you can always order it then.

So is the proposed 45 min recharge for Model S really just for the benefit of hydrogen fixated journalists?

Not enough owners will need access to a 480V supply on a regular basis to justify their installation. If you're planning a 300 mile journey in most instances you'll have a few days' notice to spend a couple of evenings building up the charge using a normal domestic 240V supply.

Lancelac wrote:

Email your salesperson. They can help you with more details that are not on the website yet.

I'll need to lock in my choices in about 1 month, before you take delivery.

Per the discussion in this thread, I just made two changes to my Roadster Sport. Even though I locked in a few weeks ago, it was still possible to make a change with some appropriate begging.

1) I dropped the HPC from my order. I already had the 240V MC in my order, so I will try to survive with only that and the 110V MC. I think I will just be topping off my Roadster between 60% to 90% most of the time. I have no need for 70 amps of recharging for now.

2) I added the Premium Leather and Carbon Fiber interior. I saw the visual for what it looks like and it might be incredible. A Roadster Sport deserves that sporty look on the interior. The carbon fiber accents look really cool on the interior. The Premium leather on this package is mostly the same as the Executive Leather.

Email your salesperson. They can help you with more details that are not on the website yet.

I've got a better idea about the options now (thanks Lancelac!)

I added the Premium Leather and Carbon Fiber interior.

After seeing the drawing of how this is going to be laid out, I'm very tempted to add this as well... Could look really fantastic.

The tricked out roadster at the Model S showing had CF door sills done. The work was done by Al & Ed's. They rep told be that they will make them and sell in the 2 to 300 dollar range.

I took a picture but Doug's flicker page has a bunch of that car.

The tricked out roadster at the Model S showing had CF door sills done. The work was done by Al & Ed's. They rep told be that they will make them and sell in the 2 to 300 dollar range.

I took a picture but Doug's flicker page has a bunch of that car.

Hmm, that is the CF part I want most, so I'm happy to hear that I'll be able to buy them seperately like that.