Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really, really, fancied one but in reality by the time a RHD version is available UK it's now going to be 5yrs+ and heaven knows what teething issues it'll have. When you're as tall as I am there's no point in buying any car without a test drive first to see if I fit and past stories of Tesla deliveries suggests that putting down an early deposit doesn;t necessarily get you one quicker - perhaps on a founders' version but that's a lot of money to tie up specially if Elon starts playing silly beggers and makes FSD, cell connection and anything new he can think of as extras to be added later. The final straw is that at my age 5yrs means I may. may not be fit to really play with it let along what changes to UK driving laws have happened by then and what the rivals have up their sleeves...

I really, really, fancied one but in reality by the time a RHD version is available UK it's now going to be 5yrs+ and heaven knows what teething issues it'll have. When you're as tall as I am there's no point in buying any car without a test drive first to see if I fit and past stories of Tesla deliveries suggests that putting down an early deposit doesn;t necessarily get you one quicker - perhaps on a founders' version but that's a lot of money to tie up specially if Elon starts playing silly beggers and makes FSD, cell connection and anything new he can think of as extras to be added later. The final straw is that at my age 5yrs means I may. may not be fit to really play with it let along what changes to UK driving laws have happened by then and what the rivals have up their sleeves...
So how tall and old are you???

Thinking of buying one as an investment. How easy is it to buy one?

Are you talking about the original or new one? The original ones were sub £50k back in 2016, now your need £70k to get one and they rarely come up for sale.

As a potential investment though even at £70k I think they are cheap for the value they will inevitably command. The problem with buying them as investments is if you actually want to drive it and enjoy it than your burning your cash.

As a car nut, having a lovely bit of motoring history like the Roadster in the driveway but than not been able to actually drive it would send me insane.

I recon though if you can find a P85+ S and garage queen it your probably turn a profit as well in future, but they come up for sale almost as rarely as the Roadster.