Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S 100D Sooooo slow to start up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% agree.
If that is your Buick in your picture that is fine looking car.
Yes it is. Thanks. It won Best Convertible in the Culver City Car Show last year.

If you use your keyfob to unlock the door and/or the phone app it will begin the booting process as soon as you unlock.
I have tried this theory without success. I intentionally unlocked the car and even open and closed the truck to load up the kid's backpacks, yet got the same message when I hit the brake pedal.

Yes it is. Thanks. It won Best Convertible in the Culver City Car Show last year.

I have tried this theory without success. I intentionally unlocked the car and even open and closed the truck to load up the kid's backpacks, yet got the same message when I hit the brake pedal.

This is a theory but you have to open the drivers door first otherwise the car thinks your not going anywhere. Ive always had success with both the fob approach and the app approach. Do you use the pin to drive feature?

This is a theory but you have to open the drivers door first otherwise the car thinks your not going anywhere. Ive always had success with both the fob approach and the app approach. Do you use the pin to drive feature?
I do not use the pin feature.
I have tried several permutations to get the car to wake up for me, including getting in the car and sitting down. No success.

I use pin to drive, I have this issue too when the car went asleep. I usually open the app so that is connects and this wakes the car up for me. If you want a speedy takeof you open the app and select Remote Start and you have 2 minutes to enter the car and leave immediately bypassing the "key not in car" message I frequently get.