Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S will not allow conversation with iPhone 12 Max

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a December 2021 model S. I cannot get the car to answer or talk on my iPhone 12 max. When a call arrives I get the screen and press the green phone icon and then a flash up on phone asks to choose speaker or tesla. Pressing tesla does nothing and by that time the call usually hangs up. Not only is this dangerous but I will look at other firms to purchase my next electric vehicle!!

Does anyone have a clue?
Thanks
Andy

Check the iOS settings for the Tesla app and make sure Bluetooth is enabled. Is the phone pairing with car?

Obviously this works for most people. Maybe you can figure out what you’re doing wrong before shopping for a different car. 🙂
Thanks EV. I have a Toyota Prius Prime and the phone works great. The side and backup warnings beeps are great. I have tried just about everything to pair, unpair, total removal and more. I'm an electrical engineer. I just expected more from the $100,000 + vehicle. Driving is great but how do you get to speak with someone other than scheduling service. Also the Tesla Sirus GUI is antiquated (cannot tune to a station like channel 73).
You know, just reading all these problems on this site makes me think. Why so many.
Thanks,
Andy (needed to vent to someone other than an app)

Upvote 0
Thanks EV. I have a Toyota Prius Prime and the phone works great. The side and backup warnings beeps are great. I have tried just about everything to pair, unpair, total removal and more. I'm an electrical engineer. I just expected more from the $100,000 + vehicle. Driving is great but how do you get to speak with someone other than scheduling service. Also the Tesla Sirus GUI is antiquated (cannot tune to a station like channel 73).
You know, just reading all these problems on this site makes me think. Why so many.
Thanks,
Andy (needed to vent to someone other than an app)
I love it when people drop the “I have x vocation that proves I’m super smart or something.”

If you’d like to post a video from a different phone showing us what’s going on, we can try to help you. This is the first case I’ve seen of someone having this issue, so it’s either a fault with the car or fault with the phone. I’m suspecting the latter, but let’s get more data first. If you can’t get a video, get a screenshot of what is flashing up on your phone.

Reactions: ninefiveone
Upvote 0
Also, I presume you've confirmed the call is not connecting at all versus you are not hearing them? There is a separate volume setting for phone versus media versus navigation. There was a problem a couple years back with a few software updates where that phone volume setting would get set to 0 (muted) everytime the car would start up. When you did the first call, you'd have to immediately use the scroll wheel to increase the volume, and then everything would be fine for the rest of the drive cycle.

Upvote 0