Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Second Row Pet Liner is plush!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the pet liner today and cannot for the life of me figure out what this picture is saying. Can anyone explain better?

CC6810B5-A137-4620-9F71-7CF1B4F381AF.jpeg

I don’t have any pets but I have 2 young kids and this is the pet liner I bought from Amazon for $35.

Totally happy with the purchase. It’s not perfect fit length wise but it very close. All the straps on the seats snug nicely.

You will need seatbelt extenders to make it easier to buckle but it’s not needed. Looks better with the extenders though. Here’s the link.

5ADA469F-0917-4835-A3AF-57ECB664E143.jpeg
F7B6729B-00F6-4126-B566-93FCCFE29D6A.jpeg
F75F8A21-4452-4664-88A9-9E2869CE4C01.jpeg

I noticed that but you can slide the cover toward the door jam and cover that space which is more important than protecting the part of the door closest to the hinge.
Just got my official Tesla pet liner for the rear seat! But, those clips for the door protection, I don’t get it..the instructions make no sense...I’ve managed to clip them in but only by doing it one end and sliding the thing across....but...every time I open the windows they come out...what am I doing wrong?
I think they mean to push the clips all the way down until the crimp is in. You can feel it kind of pop into place. Mine have stayed in quite well although I almost never open the back windows... When I was cleaning the car recently I noticed one clip on one side had popped up, and I just pushed it back in.
I wonder how easy it is to clean though? That looks like dog hair would stick to it and never vacuum up.
I thought the same thing, because my Evannex cover used to be completely covered, but the hair from my dogs came out fairly reasonably by holding the cover taught and running the vac across the surface at an acute angle: thank goodness..

1648387624247.jpeg

Thanks for the link and the recommendation. I was worried about the warning on the Tesla cover about damaging tint jobs so I ordered the one from Amazon.

While the door flaps aren't perfect because of the lack of handles above the windows in the back seat to hang them on, I was able to get the door covers to hang on the tiny pop up coat hooks and once you zip up the sides of the door flaps, you are right: 4 walled cocoon that protected seats and doors. The fact that you can zip up the sides is great as there are no cracks anywhere and everything is covered (my Dog was great at finding gaps in the pet cover I had for our old Ford and digging her nose and sometimes her whole front through the gap).

My 80 pound dog is happy as a clam back there and no mess and very little hair which is great for my allergic to dog passengers.

Reactions: Bouba
While the door flaps aren't perfect because of the lack of handles above the windows in the back seat to hang them on, I was able to get the door covers to hang on the tiny pop up coat hooks and once you zip up the sides of the door flaps, you are right: 4 walled cocoon that protected seats and doors.
I use that same liner. I was able to keep the sides up using bungee cords between the front and rear head rests.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocketfan30
With the pet liner, when my dogs get in, the liner slides around a bit. Has anyone experienced this, and were you able to come up with a solution?
Yes, the liner rides up so there is a large gap between the front seats and the liner....this causes the air vent to be a long way from the mesh...so now air flow (and conditioned air) doesn’t reach the dog in the backseat...I have been meaning to fix it...probably by adding a yard of material between the part that covers the seat and the part with the mesh...this is all confusion so tomorrow if I remember I will take photos

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
Yes, the liner rides up so there is a large gap between the front seats and the liner....this causes the air vent to be a long way from the mesh...so now air flow (and conditioned air) doesn’t reach the dog in the backseat...I have been meaning to fix it...probably by adding a yard of material between the part that covers the seat and the part with the mesh...this is all confusion so tomorrow if I remember I will take photos
I have not noticed this issue with my two dogs but there are a number of factors that may be contributing. Are you using the two (plastic pipe-like) anchors to keep the seat-surface of the cover anchored to the back seat? That should keep it from sliding forward toward the gap. I had a little trouble pushing them through and didn't know what they were at first.

I have not noticed this issue with my two dogs but there are a number of factors that may be contributing. Are you using the two (plastic pipe-like) anchors to keep the seat-surface of the cover anchored to the back seat? That should keep it from sliding forward toward the gap. I had a little trouble pushing them through and didn't know what they were at first.
Yeah, I have those two handles in between the seat and the seat back, but the liner still slides around a bit. I can try to see if I can get them anchored a little more and see if that resolves it

Ok…from today’s road trip in the hills behind St Tropez…the liner is anchored in with the plastic pieces…in fact the anchoring could be causing the problem but I think the whole liner is too short from front to back
8553DC4E-7CAE-45C7-95AD-C3914E5B2A40.jpeg

So this gap behind the front seats is where all the dog’s fresh air is pooling and not reaching him.
So I just unhooked the liner from the front headrests
0294C092-E822-46F9-BBEE-DB82541BC076.jpeg

Now the air vent can do it’s job unhindered….I will fill up the footwells with large cushions so that he can’t fall down into the footwell ( but remembering not to block the vent) this will make the summer far more enjoyable for him.
It’s important to spend a little time in the back seat because it can be surprising how hot it can get