TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Service Center coming to Carlsbad

Discussion in 'California' started by Captrod, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Vistan

Vistan Member

The Construction Supervisor at the site told me that they are shooting for a "September completion", but he said that the schedule depended on Tesla delivering various service machines, etc, on time.

Vistan

2. Submission1

Submission1 New Member

Appreciate all the updates!

3. NathanielHrnblwr

I’m hearing similar also.

There’s a cat cafe across the street. Good place to waste some time while you wait.

4. jowaldo

jowaldo Member

Anyone had a chance to drive by lately?

5. NathanielHrnblwr

I'll be over that way next week.

• Like x 1
  6. Vistan

Vistan Member

Been going by about weekly, it's on our way to Trader Joe's!

They are painting inside and completing installation of lighting and HVAC. Big news is there is now a TESLA sign over the Entrance doors.

Vistan

IMG_0055.jpeg

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  7. Bacalao

Bacalao Member

Painless drop off this morning at the Oceanside location. I was in and out in about 10 minutes with an S loaner. Enterprise said once they move they plan to expand the loaner fleet.

Per the staff, the move to Carlsbad will be done by the end of the month. They have already started to move equipment and some of the lifts.

• Informative x 2
  8. Vistan

Vistan Member

Stopped by this morning to get some pics. Talked to the Construction Superintendent briefly: he confirmed that his completion date was the 30th and that he expected the move-in date for the Tesla crew would be September 30 with opening on 1 October ("if everything goes right"). They've installed four regular lifts, and one lift that appears to be a heavy duty model. The new car showroom is ready for flooring and install of display shelves etc. Looks like it could hold at least four cars.

Vistan

Pic #1 - looking through the main front door into the showroom with car access into the service area.

IMG_0061.jpeg
    Pic #2 - looking thru the main door into the showroom looking left along the front wall.

IMG_0060.jpeg

Pic #3 - looking into the service area from the east side; heavy duty lift in foreground

IMG_0059.jpeg

Pic #4 - looking into the service area from the back (north) wall. Four standard lifts, two are behind the left forklift.

IMG_0058.jpeg

Pic #5 - looking into the service area from the west side.

IMG_0057.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  9. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

Thanks for the pics. For anyone in the area, Since Oceanside shipped their lifts to the new location, the Oceanside SC is now unable to do any work that would require using a lift (like replacing tires for example). They also have inventory cross polinated in both places (like wheels). I know this because I hit a pothole a few days ago that damaged 2 rims, and went to oceanside to see if they could help me. They were super nice like always but were unable to do anything for me other than take the wheel off and verify that I had indeed damaged the rim (and put a 19 inch loaner wheel on my model 3p).

10. Bacalao

Bacalao Member

Picked up my X this morning At Oceanside. Per the staff there, they will be in Carlsbad Monday.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  11. Vistan

Vistan Member

Stopped by again Friday morning - LOTS of activity! They're going to have to work through the weekend to have any reasonable chance of opening on Monday. Pics follow:

Vistan

Pic #1 - Installing Tesla chargers in parking lot (total of 10, not Superchargers).

IMG_0065.jpeg

Pic #2 - Looking into Service Area from East wall.

IMG_0063.jpeg

Pic #3 - Looking into Service Area from West wall.

IMG_0064.jpeg

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  12. Vistan

Vistan Member

Dropped by for a look about noon on Monday, 30 Sept. Not yet open, Service Area still a big mess. Now has 14 Tesla Chargers around the parking lot. Loaner fleet of 15 Model S's now parked in lot on west side of building. Large posters mounted in showroom. Open hours signs indicate that this site will also be a Delivery Center.

Vistan

Pic #1 - New car showroom.

IMG_0066.jpeg

Pic #2 - Open Hours sign.

IMG_0067.jpeg

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. Vistan

Vistan Member

OK - one more driveby...Lots of cleanup activity in the Service Area - truckload of trash. Several Teslas in service area, probably brought down from the Temp Service Center in Oceanside; a couple of dusty X's outside, one with service "hat" on. Four new Teslas in front - two S's and two 3's. Assume they'll clean them up and put them in the showroom.

Service guys were setting up their "Greeter" station - say that they are all moved out of the O'Side Center and will open for business tomorrow (Wednesday) in Carlsbad.

Vistan

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  14. Vistan

Vistan Member

LAST Recon Report:

The Service Center is open...and busy. Still moving equipment, spares, etc. into place. Spacious waiting room for service customers. The new car showroom has an S and a 3 on the floor, but is not "officially" open - maybe next week.

Vistan

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

Thank you very much for taking the time to report on this (with pictures even!) for those of us in the area. Much appreciated!

16. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

17. jowaldo

jowaldo Member

Opened just in time for me. Someone backed into my model S this weekend (yay!) and it would be nice to take it here.

18. 1.21Gpa

1.21Gpa Member

I had a schedule appointment and took my 3 to this location yesterday for a random rattle I had in my passenger door. Service advisors were waiting in front to check in for appt. quickly had a “road tech” to the front to go for a ride with me and hear the rattle. Tech took the car to service bay when I returned from road tech drive and they had me fixed and out the door in less than 30 min. Coffee, WiFi, water, etc. on hand in waiting area. Everyone I encountered while there was very helpful and friendly. Awesome service center experience!

• Like x 4
  19. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

Just wait till they start getting busy!