Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center coming to Carlsbad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been going by about weekly, it's on our way to Trader Joe's!

They are painting inside and completing installation of lighting and HVAC. Big news is there is now a TESLA sign over the Entrance doors.

Vistan

IMG_0055.jpeg

Painless drop off this morning at the Oceanside location. I was in and out in about 10 minutes with an S loaner. Enterprise said once they move they plan to expand the loaner fleet.

Per the staff, the move to Carlsbad will be done by the end of the month. They have already started to move equipment and some of the lifts.

Stopped by this morning to get some pics. Talked to the Construction Superintendent briefly: he confirmed that his completion date was the 30th and that he expected the move-in date for the Tesla crew would be September 30 with opening on 1 October ("if everything goes right"). They've installed four regular lifts, and one lift that appears to be a heavy duty model. The new car showroom is ready for flooring and install of display shelves etc. Looks like it could hold at least four cars.

Vistan

Pic #1 - looking through the main front door into the showroom with car access into the service area.

IMG_0061.jpeg

Pic #2 - looking thru the main door into the showroom looking left along the front wall.

IMG_0060.jpeg

Pic #3 - looking into the service area from the east side; heavy duty lift in foreground

IMG_0059.jpeg

Pic #4 - looking into the service area from the back (north) wall. Four standard lifts, two are behind the left forklift.

IMG_0058.jpeg

Pic #5 - looking into the service area from the west side.

IMG_0057.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 28
Stopped by this morning to get some pics. Talked to the Construction Superintendent briefly: he confirmed that his completion date was the 30th and that he expected the move-in date for the Tesla crew would be September 30 with opening on 1 October ("if everything goes right"). They've installed four regular lifts, and one lift that appears to be a heavy duty model. The new car showroom is ready for flooring and install of display shelves etc. Looks like it could hold at least four cars.

Vistan

Pic #1 - looking through the main front door into the showroom with car access into the service area.

View attachment 456740
Pic #2 - looking thru the main door into the showroom looking left along the front wall.

View attachment 456746

Pic #3 - looking into the service area from the east side; heavy duty lift in foreground

View attachment 456748

Pic #4 - looking into the service area from the back (north) wall. Four standard lifts, two are behind the left forklift.

View attachment 456749

Pic #5 - looking into the service area from the west side.

View attachment 456750

Thanks for the pics. For anyone in the area, Since Oceanside shipped their lifts to the new location, the Oceanside SC is now unable to do any work that would require using a lift (like replacing tires for example). They also have inventory cross polinated in both places (like wheels). I know this because I hit a pothole a few days ago that damaged 2 rims, and went to oceanside to see if they could help me. They were super nice like always but were unable to do anything for me other than take the wheel off and verify that I had indeed damaged the rim (and put a 19 inch loaner wheel on my model 3p).

Stopped by again Friday morning - LOTS of activity! They're going to have to work through the weekend to have any reasonable chance of opening on Monday. Pics follow:

Vistan

Pic #1 - Installing Tesla chargers in parking lot (total of 10, not Superchargers).

IMG_0065.jpeg

Pic #2 - Looking into Service Area from East wall.

IMG_0063.jpeg

Pic #3 - Looking into Service Area from West wall.

IMG_0064.jpeg

Dropped by for a look about noon on Monday, 30 Sept. Not yet open, Service Area still a big mess. Now has 14 Tesla Chargers around the parking lot. Loaner fleet of 15 Model S's now parked in lot on west side of building. Large posters mounted in showroom. Open hours signs indicate that this site will also be a Delivery Center.

Vistan

Pic #1 - New car showroom.

IMG_0066.jpeg

Pic #2 - Open Hours sign.

IMG_0067.jpeg

OK - one more driveby...Lots of cleanup activity in the Service Area - truckload of trash. Several Teslas in service area, probably brought down from the Temp Service Center in Oceanside; a couple of dusty X's outside, one with service "hat" on. Four new Teslas in front - two S's and two 3's. Assume they'll clean them up and put them in the showroom.

Service guys were setting up their "Greeter" station - say that they are all moved out of the O'Side Center and will open for business tomorrow (Wednesday) in Carlsbad.

Vistan

LAST Recon Report:

The Service Center is open...and busy. Still moving equipment, spares, etc. into place. Spacious waiting room for service customers. The new car showroom has an S and a 3 on the floor, but is not "officially" open - maybe next week.

Vistan

Thank you very much for taking the time to report on this (with pictures even!) for those of us in the area. Much appreciated!

I had a schedule appointment and took my 3 to this location yesterday for a random rattle I had in my passenger door. Service advisors were waiting in front to check in for appt. quickly had a “road tech” to the front to go for a ride with me and hear the rattle. Tech took the car to service bay when I returned from road tech drive and they had me fixed and out the door in less than 30 min. Coffee, WiFi, water, etc. on hand in waiting area. Everyone I encountered while there was very helpful and friendly. Awesome service center experience!

I had a schedule appointment and took my 3 to this location yesterday for a random rattle I had in my passenger door. Service advisors were waiting in front to check in for appt. quickly had a “road tech” to the front to go for a ride with me and hear the rattle. Tech took the car to service bay when I returned from road tech drive and they had me fixed and out the door in less than 30 min. Coffee, WiFi, water, etc. on hand in waiting area. Everyone I encountered while there was very helpful and friendly. Awesome service center experience!
Just wait till they start getting busy!