Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know of a service center around Bay Area, CA that will do work on a Tesla with aftermarket rims?

I just got denied alignment service at Dublin, CA service center because my car had aftermarket rims. Service manager said they cannot touch my car at all because I have aftermarket wheels...

Anybody know of a service center around Bay Area, CA that will do work on a Tesla with aftermarket rims?

I just got denied alignment service at Dublin, CA service center because my car had aftermarket rims. Service manager said they cannot touch my car at all because I have aftermarket wheels...

I was told by Houston I just had to sign a waiver. This wasn't specifically for alignment so I'm not sure there.

This isn't uncommon...I haven't found a single Harley dealer in three states that will touch my bike and they love taking your money for any reason.

I was told by Houston I just had to sign a waiver. This wasn't specifically for alignment so I'm not sure there.

This isn't uncommon...I haven't found a single Harley dealer in three states that will touch my bike and they love taking your money for any reason.

I asked if I could sign a waiver and they said that is not allowed. I've heard of Tesla owners getting service done even with aftermarket wheels installed, so I am confused why it varies from one service center to another.

I asked if I could sign a waiver and they said that is not allowed. I've heard of Tesla owners getting service done even with aftermarket wheels installed, so I am confused why it varies from one service center to another.

I guess it's a matter of how much power the service manager has or thinks he/she has. You could always escalate to a higher level to get a more official response. However, I'm not sure you'd want service done there anyways if you take that route.

Tesla knows they have issues with alignment and tire wear. This is probably a way for them to deflect the issue-blame it on the wheels. With that said, you might want to check out Firestone. The still offer a lifetime alignment for about $200.

Tesla knows they have issues with alignment and tire wear. This is probably a way for them to deflect the issue-blame it on the wheels. With that said, you might want to check out Firestone. The still offer a lifetime alignment for about $200.

Exactly what I said to them-that they just wanted an easy way out of the situation. They even told me to go to Wheel Works, which I ended up doing.

FWIW I asked the manager of my local service center. He said If you buy aftermarket wheels or tires, they won't work on those. But you can still bring the car in no problem. The only time it would be an issue is if you had some sort of vibration or suspension issue that they suspected may come from aftermarket equipment.

So I guess different service centers have different rules.

I don't have an answer to the original question, but wanted to say that you may get more attention from folks with relevant input if your thread title were a bit more descriptive. "Tesla Service Center" doesn't really say much.

And it would save those of us who don't care about this specific issue a few seconds of our lives :)