Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mobile fleet is almost useless. I had them come out a year ago and never follow up.
We had to start from scratch.
Naples, Florida has been promised for YEARS.
Yet they continue to add superfluous Superchargers ...
Naples has a rental(?) unit in Bonita Springs that mobile rangers are dispatched from according to my last mobile service visit. Naples/Estero area REALLY needs a main service center hub. Lots of Teslas on the roads here.

Reactions: GreenT
Operative words "if you are an investor" ... sold TSLA ages ago never to return until I see MAJOR improvements in Tesla or Musks resignation.

Regardless of what is said by Tesla, I wonder what is the central focus for opening more service centers.
1. Is it to fill in gaps in places where people currently need to drive 1+ hour to reach a center?
2. Is it to lower wait times at currently busy centers?
3. Is it to maintain a ratio of service centers to cars on the road?
4. Something else?

Regardless of what is said by Tesla, I wonder what is the central focus for opening more service centers.
1. Is it to fill in gaps in places where people currently need to drive 1+ hour to reach a center?
2. Is it to lower wait times at currently busy centers?
3. Is it to maintain a ratio of service centers to cars on the road?
4. Something else?
In theory, all 3.
But I wouldn't be surprised if their service to supercharger is SO low that they could well be going to license their service centers to another brand.

Imagine if, overnight, Model S/X/3 owners could bring their car to their Mercedez / Porsche / Leaf (stop laughing) dealers for service?

And those brands, in return, can all use Tesla Supercharger network?

In theory, all 3.
But I wouldn't be surprised if their service to supercharger is SO low that they could well be going to license their service centers to another brand.

Imagine if, overnight, Model S/X/3 owners could bring their car to their Mercedez / Porsche / Leaf (stop laughing) dealers for service?

Stop, you’re destroying this forum with rationality. How dare you!

My local SC sucks so bad.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to inform those whom are in the North East, primarily on Long Island, NY that appears Tesla is moving forward with the plans for the Service Center in the north shore of Long Island previously 6th Ave Electronics. My buddy is a commercial window tinter whom forwarded me this last month when he got the bid notice. He informed me today that he got the bid so its safe to show now.

Attached is the bid offer from the GC whom was hired form Tesla. My buddy will be doing all of the inside and outside windows with Tesla logos and tint for glare / privacy.

View attachment 437986

This is awesome to hear! As I just accidentally deleted my service for yesterday ... and now the earliest they have I can actually make is now the end of January.

Tesla has opened a service center in Lancaster, PA, near me. I did a drive by. It's a unit in a long building with several tenants, with a modest office in front and a ramp in back for access. I saw one Tesla, an S with California manufacturer plates.

Yeah..this would be one of the two centers within a bit over an hour's drive for me. The other is Devon - which gets some really scary reviews.

In theory, all 3.

Nissan would be one of the few companies with service networks that already have EV knowledge.
Chevrolet would fit into this category too, and Chevy is doing a MUCH better job of servicing a fleet of deployed EVs nearly as large as Tesla's in the US at least - GM's tax credit phaseout started only 3 months later than Tesla's.
Porsche and Audi are also possibilities but they have nowhere near the numbers of Tesla or Chevy

The much maligned dealership model also means that a dealership isn't going to be punished THAT harshly for servicing a competitor's vehicles. The Chevy dealership I bought my Bolt from handles the more minor service items of the BMW dealership next door.

The big problem is - the existing Supercharger network isn't compatible with existing deployed vehicles from anyone else, and unless Tesla offers an SC charger to CCS adapter, the chances of GM corporate changing their entire fleet to use a proprietary standard (SC) instead of CCS are slim to none.

Anyone know if SCs are staying open through the "Shelter in Place" restrictions in the Bay Area? Auto Repair shops are considered "Essential" per the Health Order. My guess is this will apply to more and more cities over the next week.

Just to close this question out myself (and hopefully it's helpful to others), but I received a text back from the SF Service Center and they confirmed my appointment this week at the original date and time despite the Shelter In Place Health Order. I did read that the Fremont Factory is also continuing to operate as an Essential Business, so it makes sense the Service Centers would continue to operate.

Stay safe everyone!

if elon talked the authorities into considering 'car making' essential, wow.

its anything BUT.

and it seems to be done only because of 'business'.

I'm disappointed. we expect better ethics from tesla.

I understand that people will be upset if their cars are late, but this is way beyond that.

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
if elon talked the authorities into considering 'car making' essential...

That would be Elon plus the CEOs of every other car maker with a factory in the U.S. And alongside them would be all the airlines and every other business large enough to hire a team of paid lobbyists. And, yes, of course it's about business. Because all our elected officials and policymakers are either wealthy or backed by wealthy patrons who fund them and expect to get support from them in return. As long as it costs BIG MONEY to get elected, government will be beholden to the rich, and business will be more important than lives.

And of course if the economy collapses, everybody starves.

That would be Elon plus the CEOs of every other car maker with a factory in the U.S. And alongside them would be all the airlines and every other business large enough to hire a team of paid lobbyists. And, yes, of course it's about business. Because all our elected officials and policymakers are either wealthy or backed by wealthy patrons who fund them and expect to get support from them in return. As long as it costs BIG MONEY to get elected, government will be beholden to the rich, and business will be more important than lives.

And of course if the economy collapses, everybody starves.
The Detroit auto manufacturers are not in a location that has a shelter-in-place order.

Despite this:
They all initiated WFH for office staff last week.
While Elon was fighting to keep Fremont at full production despite a shelter-in-place order in effect for the county their factory is located in, GM, Ford, and FCA were all preparing to enter partial production despite no shelter-in-place orders in effect in Detroit (and frankly not that much being ordered by the state government there yet, since Michigan has 66 cases to California's 756 as of the time of this post).

That said, as to the original question regarding service centers - unlike Fremont (which is a vehicle final assembly plant), service centers would fit into the original order's definition of a critical auto repair/auto parts business, so I would not expect the county to try and shut them down like they are doing with Fremont.