Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bloomington, Indiana, as someone else mentioned.

Bloomington-Olympia | Tesla

The geographic problem for service centers is really being dealt with!
Tesla has opened a service center in Lancaster, PA, near me. I did a drive by. It's a unit in a long building with several tenants, with a modest office in front and a ramp in back for access. I saw one Tesla, an S with California manufacturer plates.

I have to say, while I love my TM3, their service centers, at least here in Orange County Ca, are horrible, and I'm being nice for this board. Elon floods the market place with T's, then there's nowhere to get them serviced. Maybe the Niro would have been a better deal...

My first service this past weekend. Got my car back and returned loaner Monday closer to 5pm. Next morning I get budget email with my receipt all paid by Tesla but saying I returned it that morning, Tuesday.

Anyone notice this happening to them? I'm sure it was because I returned it at the very end of the day and they were swamped, but as a stock holder, I gotta ask if this is a common thing.

Edit: I meant Enterprise.
And I guess it doesn't matter because of times? I picked up at 10am sat. Returning after 10am Monday already counts as another day. Enterprise put the return as 8am Tuesday.

Last edited:
My first service this past weekend. Got my car back and returned loaner Monday closer to 5pm. Next morning I get budget email with my receipt all paid by Tesla but saying I returned it that morning, Tuesday.

Anyone notice this happening to them? I'm sure it was because I returned it at the very end of the day and they were swamped, but as a stock holder, I gotta ask if this is a common thing.

Edit: I meant Enterprise.
And I guess it doesn't matter because of times? I picked up at 10am sat. Returning after 10am Monday already counts as another day. Enterprise put the return as 8am Tuesday.
Similarly, for my first and only (so far) service visit, I took my car in on a Thursday for a few minor delivery issues (we'll save the fact that I had to reschedule and explain the issues a total of 4 separate times because apparently no one in service communicates with anyone else, and even though they appear to take notes, no one ever reads them).
I was told these things would likely be finished that evening and that I'd get a call when the work was done. I'm offered a loaner car and told to wait in a lounge area and the rental person would come to me. I'm responding to emails on my phone and like 40 minutes later I come out to find out why the wait is so long. Turns out yet another failure of communication between people at service happened.

So they gave me a Model S 70D with Autopilot disabled. The evening comes and goes, no call. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, still no call. I give them a call Monday morning, because at this point as much as I like the Model S, I'd like my car back (which doesn't have Autopilot disabled). No one answers so I leave a message. Someone finally calls me back at the end on business that day leaving a message that the work is done. I go back in on Tuesday morning to return the loaner and pick up my car. Turns out they only really took care of 2 of the issues, kinda half fixed the 3rd issue, and completely missed the 4th because of (you guessed it) miscommunication. Anyhow I decided I could live with it and just got out of there. I later saw the Enterprise bill via email. Anyhow I had a loaner for 5 days that probably should have been only 1 day if they had better communication.

Reactions: neroden
Anyone else think that Tesla service centers have become much less accessible over the past few months (at least in Maryland/south PA):
-can’t schedule an appointment over the phone any longer, phone prompts to go schedule online
-online scheduling does not let me schedule beyond 7-10 days. Am I missing something? We all have busy lives and most of time need to schedule few weeks down.
-service centers often do no return emails any longer

What gives? I understand they may be short staffed or trying to cut costs, but a bad customer service eventually leads to dissatisfaction with the brand and lower sales.

• Informative
Anyone else think that Tesla service centers have become much less accessible over the past few months (at least in Maryland/south PA):
-can’t schedule an appointment over the phone any longer, phone prompts to go schedule online
Unacceptable. Keep going until you can speak to a human. If you get someone in the Nevada call center, that's OK -- they're able to do scheduling.

-online scheduling does not let me schedule beyond 7-10 days. Am I missing something? We all have busy lives and most of time need to schedule few weeks down.
-service centers often do no return emails any longer
Did they ever?

What gives? I understand they may be short staffed or trying to cut costs, but a bad customer service eventually leads to dissatisfaction with the brand and lower sales.
Yeah, this mess is Tesla's biggest problem. They need more secretaries, as I've said for years.

I' ve had 2 Model S's and in total have driven them for 5 1/2 years. I've loved them and have been an enthusiastic owner and advocate for the company. The service here in S Florida has always been exemplary and I have bragged about it to my friends with other cars. But that has all changed. I live halfway between 2 service enters, each a 40 minute drive for me. Taking my car in to the center is a 2 1/2 hour experience for me. But I've never had to do that, as Tesla has always either dropped off a loaner and brought my car back once it was fixed, or did the repair onsite via Tesla Ranger. I recently had an issue where the car would not complete a software update and they actually had to replace the windshield and front facing camera/rearview mirror assembly. My service agent informed me that they "no longer provide loaner cars" and that I'd have to bring my car in. Well, I told her that when I bought the car, I was promised the type of service that I describe above and would not accept a change to that during the course of this lease. If I get a 3rd Model S when my lease expires in 8 months, we can discuss what service comes with it at that time, and if they want to offer a lower level of service to me, I will shop Audi, Porsche and Jaguar's e-sedans. But for this lease, they must provide that higher level of service. Guess what happened? Seems they do have some loaner cars and some discretion as to when to offer them. So they picked up my car, dropped off a loaner and it was like old times. You just have to insist, which is still PITA poor service, but at least I can still get what I was promised.

One other issue is calling them. During normal business hours, the West Palm Beach service center would not pick up the phone, it kept going to voice mail, and their mailbox was full. When I called national, they kept transferring me to WPB, and the same thing happened. They want us to use email and their online chat, or the app, to initiate service requests. I'm sorry, that's just poor service. I want to talk to someone. Sometimes their are nuances that you want to explain or questions that you want to ask. I used email and got a callback and explained the issue to them with this new lower level of service. I explained that this might be OK for a 40k car but not for a 100k Model S car. The solution was that the service agent, who is very nice and kind, gave me her mobile number. I'll try that next time.

What is this no loaner cars now only Uber credit???
Uber credit isn't a bad solution, but certainly not the same as getting a similar car as a loaner. And not picking my car up, but instead, requiring that I drive it to the service center 40 minutes away is just not acceptable when they promised that they'd pick up my car and drop off a loaner. You can't change the terms of a lease in the middle of the lease.

I had a really good mobile service experience when I was on a beach vacation on the north shore of mass which is closer to a service center than my home. The mobile tech showed early, replaced my passenger seat control cover, and answered some extra questions as well as making some useful suggestions. He was very competent, profesional, and helpful. It was totally convenient and free since it was under warranty repair.
Be happy you don‘t live in switzerland and must go to Service Center Winterthur. A disaster

UK service is now a complete disaster. Until last month one could at least telephone a service centre and speak to a real human being. No longer!

Sure, one can easily schedule something via the app - but there's no one to answer basic questions like:-
  • How long will this work take?
  • Will I get a loan car?
  • Is the warranty/recall issue flagged for my vehicle at the last visit going to be addressed?
  • Will you guys actually bother to order the relevant parts this time please?!
The only way I found to speak with a human being was to telephone customer services. I was then on hold for 15 minutes, and a further 15 mins whilst the agent tried to find someone else to answer my questions.

I am an hour's drive from my nearest service centre, so I can't just pop in on chance; I also have other things to do with my time, so really can't waste it. I used to rave about Tesla - but the service experience now is the worst I have ever experienced from any manufacturer in my 30 years of motoring.

And to think that my present vehicle cost more than double that of my previous Jaguar XJ, whose dealership and service was first rate (and just 10 miles from my home). This does not bode well for customer loyalty.

• Informative
…and following on from this, one can of course request a callback from the Tesla website. I did this an hour ago - and still nothing.

The follow-up from my 30-minutes on hold with the customer-service agent was a text message effectively cancelling the appointment I'd just made online. They claim that they have (retrospectively !) changed the (pre-paid !) service plan, and that "year 3 service is no longer required". Oh yes? Well, guess what, I've PAID for that service, so I'd like it done, thank you very much.

• Informative
…and following on from this, one can of course request a callback from the Tesla website. I did this an hour ago - and still nothing.

The follow-up from my 30-minutes on hold with the customer-service agent was a text message effectively cancelling the appointment I'd just made online. They claim that they have (retrospectively !) changed the (pre-paid !) service plan, and that "year 3 service is no longer required". Oh yes? Well, guess what, I've PAID for that service, so I'd like it done, thank you very much.

Yeah, that's illegal. Perhaps your next move should be a solicitor.