Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service loaner policy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped off my Model 3. There are a few paint and other issues that were identified during delivery. I was told in advance that Teslas might not be available, which I was not excited but I understand. What I don’t understand is why I am getting a $15k dollar rental in place of a $60k car. It doesn’t make sense. Lexus used to give me a Lexus or something similar. I really like Tesla but they need to work on little things like this. As the EV race is about to get interesting, it is important for Tesla to match or exceed the other manufacturers. I love the car, but my delivery experience was not great and getting a car from them that is no where close to being as safe, powerful and efficient as a Tesla... not nice. If this is a new policy, better change it soon. And, I haven’t mentioned that I drove 3 hours to drop it off instead of them picking it up. I had business in town plus I could help TESLA with their bottom line too. Now I feel Iike i am taking care of them, but they aren’t taking care of me.

Tesla isn't doing well in this area. YEARS ago Elon promised P100D's "top of the line" for every service loaner . . . but that hasn't quite come to pass.

GET ON IT ELON!