Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Scratch my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I had my model in for replacing a broken shield under the car near the rear axle. Fine, the fixed the car and it was snowing and bad weather. This was in Raleigh NC.
After a few days my wife notice scratches next to the lifting points on both sides of the car.
After the holidays I send a message to Tesla via their website. Like 6 weeks later I still had not got any answers. I call them and much waiting and searching the guy a talked to found the message and put an alert on it and told me someone will call you back from that service center, within 48 hours. A week later I call back and a guy told me to contact a local paint shop and then he said wait and after a while a got a prerecorded message about where to find a local paint shop. Not what I wanted because by now I have another problem with the car. So I call back next day and we need to see pictures. I send pictures and now the told me I need to come back to the service center and I got a time 12 March. Yesterday I got a message saying that the service center did not scratch my car.
No one else has touched the car or handled it. It is just a coincidence that someone scratched my car on both sides exactly by the lifting points about a foot from the rear wheel house and right after I had the car at service.

20190304_094400.jpg

and

20190304_094420.jpg

Have anyone else had similar trouble?

Wow, that's very unfortunate! I had a similar experience, however, the service center came through and fixed the damage. When I dropped my Model X off at the Richmond VA service center, I asked the service adviser to inspect my car with me, and especially the rims. We both walked around the car and looked at all four rims. She agreed that there was no damage on my car or on my rims. When I picked the car up a week later, I noticed several small scratches on the front-right rim. I pointed it out to the service adviser, and he said that they would take care of it. A few days later, Tesla Mobile Service came out and replaced my rim at no charge. I was very impressed by their quick response and resolution. I think the lessons-learned here is to ALWAYS have the service adviser inspect your vehicle for damage when dropping it off for service.

Hi, I had my model in for replacing a broken shield under the car near the rear axle. Fine, the fixed the car and it was snowing and bad weather. This was in Raleigh NC.
After a few days my wife notice scratches next to the lifting points on both sides of the car.
After the holidays I send a message to Tesla via their website. Like 6 weeks later I still had not got any answers. I call them and much waiting and searching the guy a talked to found the message and put an alert on it and told me someone will call you back from that service center, within 48 hours. A week later I call back and a guy told me to contact a local paint shop and then he said wait and after a while a got a prerecorded message about where to find a local paint shop. Not what I wanted because by now I have another problem with the car. So I call back next day and we need to see pictures. I send pictures and now the told me I need to come back to the service center and I got a time 12 March. Yesterday I got a message saying that the service center did not scratch my car.
No one else has touched the car or handled it. It is just a coincidence that someone scratched my car on both sides exactly by the lifting points about a foot from the rear wheel house and right after I had the car at service.

View attachment 384266
and

View attachment 384268
Have anyone else had similar trouble?
someone doesn't know know to use a jack?

The only service I had on my M3 was back in November. They photographed every inch of the car's exterior prior to starting the work. It just may have been our local SC policy. Ask your SC to let you see their before service photos. It is worth a try.

Reactions: MP3Mike
My front glass roof panel has a small crack in it that needs replacement. I'm waiting until my car is wrapped with ppf before I take it back to the SC for the new glass. I have some trust issues, since my car was delivered with several paint flaws that delivery and SC departments didn't seem to be concerned about.