Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla service - still abysmal "the mailbox is full"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0BA2B16D-E9E7-43EC-A186-A6AB37683E63.png
So this is good. After holding for chat yesterday I finally got ahold of someone. After explaining the problem she sort of insisted I take the car to the SC which I resisted but ultimately gave in because I want this fixed.

Several times she kept asking me about “in Colorado?” In regards to the service center which I thought kind of odd since all of my appointments have been at the Littleton SC in Colorado.

Mind you this engagement took nearly an hour on a Friday afternoon.

So I get the appointment in my inbox and see that the rep booked me in for service in Raleigh NC not Littleton CO.

Tesla service is incompetent.

Reactions: cwerdna
So I cancelled the idiotic SC appointment that was made for me 2,500 miles away and booked another appointment which defaulted to a mobile service visit.

I said the appointment was for "interior/exterior trim issues". In the description box I indicated that a previous mobile service visit resulted in my dash trim being separated from the console and the rattles not being gone.

Got a text message yesterday from the mobile service team asking me for more information and pictures of the problem.

I sent another description of the problem and I sent them a photo to reinforce that the issue is with the work their tech did last week. I asked them if they could fix the problem this week.

I got zero response to any of the messages I sent to them.

58369666312__A8567B5E-3E59-4E73-9A00-DBB707ACDF13.JPG

Last edited:
Best of luck to you. I found the Bellevue service center to be completely unresponsive with text messages. It's just a source of false hope.

I had better luck emailing the service department, but it still took days for them to respond.

I was aware of the service issues before we bought our Teslas but I figured since we live 20 minutes from a major service center I would hopefully have a relatively smooth experience if I needed service. I’ve experienced all of the issues the OP has posted but I just generally make a service appointment through the app and then show up. There was one case that my friends SR needed service right away so he made an appointment (which was 3 weeks out) and then drove down to the service center right away. They took care of him and even gave him a loaner car for the day.

I think the SC the OP is working with may be too overwhelmed to keep up at this point. And with end of quarter focus on deliveries it sounds like virtually everyone in the company was out delivering cars the last few days rather than answering phones and responding to emails. Hopefully things are slowing down now and service will be more responsive again.