Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anyone here is encountering the same experience.
I order floor mats from them in mid August which had a promise date of end of August delivery. As you may know delivery won’t be here until mid October -November.
I asked to cancel the order and Jason response promptly with a “ your credit may take up to 7 business days to reflect”
Great nothing out of the ordinary.
Sept 20- I asked for an update and the response was “We have quite a few refund requests ahead of you. You will receive confirmation once processed”

I don’t understand why there’s a wait to process a refund on product that have not been delivered.

Til this day still no refund….
This seem very shady for a business.
Yea, it seems like they spent your money.

I purchased an under seat storage container from Tesla Shields last month for my MY, and I submitted a 3 star review on it. It's quite apparent that only 5 star reviews get published by them, which I think is slimy on their part. I wrote them an email to ask why my review never got published, and while they acknowledged my email, they did not address my question. So I certainly will not be buying anything from these folks again.
I find this quite unfortunate, as I believe Jason and perhaps a few others are going to a lot of work to be a successful vendor, but I just don't think they are a trustworthy supplier, particularly when they cherry pick reviews to publish. Who can trust that sort of behavior?

Just registered to make a post for this company. I would avoid this company at all cost. I tried cancelling an order within 12 hours of placing it and after sending 5 emails, they said they can’t cancel because they’re “shipping within 2 weeks.” I’ve never bought anything where you cannot cancel the order before it’s shipped as honestly, I am not sure if it’ll ever ship. For a “new company,” they honestly do not care for their customers and simply trying to get as much revenue as possible. I will posting a BBB complaint as well as disputing with my credit card company.

I received an email today saying the 7 seater options wouldn’t even be ready until at least December which is 2 months away and not the “within 2 weeks” as stated in an email. With 8 emails to back my claim, I doubt this company can scam my money further. I’ve been dealing with Jason Stein and quite frankly, they don’t particularly care about word of mouth or reviews. As soon as I can report this company and get my money back, I’ll be checking out tesmanian. At least it appears to be more transparent in their practice.

Damn. This is disappointing. I did the frunk/trunk mat preorder in August. Nothing and they’ve stopped responding to emails.

I’ve sent a “request an update” in September and October. They sent out the update email today. If I don’t get a shipping notice in the next two weeks, going the dispute route.

Tried to help out a new company but beginning to have buyer’s remorse. Bout to be ski season, need some mats!

Reactions: jebinc
Damn. This is disappointing. I did the frunk/trunk mat preorder in August. Nothing and they’ve stopped responding to emails.

I’ve sent a “request an update” in September and October. They sent out the update email today. If I don’t get a shipping notice in the next two weeks, going the dispute route.

Tried to help out a new company but beginning to have buyer’s remorse. Bout to be ski season, need some mats!
They sent out another update today? I don't even get those anymore.

I ordered in May and still have not received my mats. Same here, trying to help them out nd really feeling I should cancel

I did receive the frunk and trunk mats last month and I really like them, great quality and fit. But waiting 5, going on 6 months now for the mats is above my tolerance, especially since I was supposed to get them in August.

They told me the same thing that they posted my refund. I didn't see it yet and followed up and was told it may take a few weeks to show up on my credit card statement. After a month and still not seeing the refund i just went the route of contacting the credit card for a charge back.

They sent out another update today? I don't even get those anymore.

I ordered in May and still have not received my mats. Same here, trying to help them out nd really feeling I should cancel

I did receive the frunk and trunk mats last month and I really like them, great quality and fit. But waiting 5, going on 6 months now for the mats is above my tolerance, especially since I was supposed to get them in August.
I apologize for the confusion and will make sure our deliver dates will be more clear in the future. August is the date our products our shipped from our factory. Our warehouse will be receiving our products within one week -10 days. Unfortunately, we have been having the same problem many other companies have been having due to ships waiting arrival off the coast of California. Again, I apologize for the miscommunication.

Last edited:
Here is the update I got yesterday:

It has been around three weeks since the last time we spoke and I have some good news to share! Our Tesla Model 3 and Y Floormats have finally gone through customs and are ready to be released to us! At this moment, my partner is coordinating the logistics to bring our inventory to our warehouse where they will ultimately get sent to you. We are estimating to ship out in 10 days and you should be recieving them within two weeks!

We appreciate your patience and understanding and we are excited to fulfill your orders. We are going to start shifting our attention to our Model Y 7 seaters. We will be starting production this month and will be producing our Model Y 7 Seater Third Row mats and model y 7 seater trunk/frunk version 1. We are expecting to ship the Model Y 7 seater third row and Y 7 seater trunk/frunk to our customers in December. Version 2 Model y 7 seater floor mats are made of the same 3d material as the rest of our floor mats. Version 2 will arrive a couple of weeks after Version 1 and will be available on our site for purchase soon.

For those looking to purchase our famous floor and trunk/frunk mats, please note that we have limited availability so please order soon.

A few updates ago, we started our giveaway where we were going to send free mudflaps to a few supporters chosen at random. Here are the winners:

If you recognize this as your email please reply and we will send them out to you asap! Since you are current supporters of TeslaShields please enter Tesla10 at checkout for a 10% off coupon code for any item in our store. Thank you and I will be back when we start shipping out Model 3 and Y floor mats and will announce our next giveaway.

Until Next Time,

Jason

Co-Founder

WWW.Teslashields.com

Here is the update I got yesterday:

It has been around three weeks since the last time we spoke and I have some good news to share! Our Tesla Model 3 and Y Floormats have finally gone through customs and are ready to be released to us! At this moment, my partner is coordinating the logistics to bring our inventory to our warehouse where they will ultimately get sent to you. We are estimating to ship out in 10 days and you should be recieving them within two weeks!

We appreciate your patience and understanding and we are excited to fulfill your orders. We are going to start shifting our attention to our Model Y 7 seaters. We will be starting production this month and will be producing our Model Y 7 Seater Third Row mats and model y 7 seater trunk/frunk version 1. We are expecting to ship the Model Y 7 seater third row and Y 7 seater trunk/frunk to our customers in December. Version 2 Model y 7 seater floor mats are made of the same 3d material as the rest of our floor mats. Version 2 will arrive a couple of weeks after Version 1 and will be available on our site for purchase soon.

For those looking to purchase our famous floor and trunk/frunk mats, please note that we have limited availability so please order soon.

A few updates ago, we started our giveaway where we were going to send free mudflaps to a few supporters chosen at random. Here are the winners:

If you recognize this as your email please reply and we will send them out to you asap! Since you are current supporters of TeslaShields please enter Tesla10 at checkout for a 10% off coupon code for any item in our store. Thank you and I will be back when we start shipping out Model 3 and Y floor mats and will announce our next giveaway.

Until Next Time,

Jason

Co-Founder

WWW.Teslashields.com
"Famous" Now that's "rich"!

I ordered Sep 1 and I do believe they were advertising an Oct delivery so they have almost hit that if they indeed ship within the next two weeks as the update indicates.

FWIW I also ordered the mud flaps in the same order and received those separately within a few days.

Reactions: tshields
That stinks. Sounds like they are very shady business. I’d send a report to the BBB.
We are not a shady business just a small business trying to navigate through the shipping issues all the other companies are having right now.
I was wondering if anyone here is encountering the same experience.
I order floor mats from them in mid August which had a promise date of end of August delivery. As you may know delivery won’t be here until mid October -November.
I asked to cancel the order and Jason response promptly with a “ your credit may take up to 7 business days to reflect”
Great nothing out of the ordinary.
Sept 20- I asked for an update and the response was “We have quite a few refund requests ahead of you. You will receive confirmation once processed”

I don’t understand why there’s a wait to process a refund on product that have not been delivered.

Til this day still no refund….
This seem very shady for a business.
I apologize for the delay in your return. Please email us at [email protected] with your order number and make sure "Calvi" is in the subject title so I can research why you haven't gotten your refund and I will make sure it is taken care of today.

Omg. This isn’t shady practice. This is just poor operations.
By shady, I assume you feel they are either trying to keep your money, or they are trying to some how delay your refund, so they can make interest off of your little order ?

Do you truly think either of the above is the case, and they are trying to pull a shady fast one?
Or does it seem more likely, they just have poor operations in this area ? ;)
We are just trying to navigate shipping delays all companies are experiencing right now. We are working on expanding our company to provide better customer service.