Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anyone here is encountering the same experience.
I order floor mats from them in mid August which had a promise date of end of August delivery. As you may know delivery won’t be here until mid October -November.
I asked to cancel the order and Jason response promptly with a “ your credit may take up to 7 business days to reflect”
Great nothing out of the ordinary.
Sept 20- I asked for an update and the response was “We have quite a few refund requests ahead of you. You will receive confirmation once processed”

I don’t understand why there’s a wait to process a refund on product that have not been delivered.

Til this day still no refund….
This seem very shady for a business.

I order floor mats from them in mid August which had a promise date of end of August delivery. As you may know delivery won’t be here until mid October -November.
I asked to cancel the order and Jason response promptly with a “ your credit may take up to 7 business days to reflect”
Sept 20- I asked for an update and the response was “We have quite a few refund requests ahead of you. You will receive confirmation once processed”

I don’t understand why there’s a wait to process a refund on product that have not been delivered.

That stinks. Sounds like they are very shady business. I’d send a report to the BBB.

Omg. This isn’t shady practice. This is just poor operations.
By shady, I assume you feel they are either trying to keep your money, or they are trying to some how delay your refund, so they can make interest off of your little order ?

Do you truly think either of the above is the case, and they are trying to pull a shady fast one?
Or does it seem more likely, they just have poor operations in this area ? ;)

He did the same to me. I sent another email and referenced the date of my first request. That got the ball rolling and he finally refunded the deposit. I think he is just busy at the moment with relying on over seas suppliers. Should’ve found someone here in the states to make them with all the shipping problems these days.

Yeah after multiple requests and no response just chargeback on your CC and let Teslashield deal with the repercussions. Their fault for poor business practices. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen them on blast here on the forum, they’ll never get my business.

For all that is criticizing Tesla Shields know they offered a preorder discount. I knowing paid in advance to get a better price. It was a little more difficult than it should’ve been to get a refund once they kept pushing out delivery. He ultimately did do the refund though.

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
Same shenanigans with my order. Trying to get money back had to send multiple requests and hear "it takes 2 weeks to process the refund".
Disputed the charge via Amazon Pay to finally get a refund.
Will never deal with Tesla Shields again.

For all that is criticizing Tesla Shields know they offered a preorder discount. I knowing paid in advance to get a better price. It was a little more difficult than it should’ve been to get a refund once they kept pushing out delivery. He ultimately did do the refund though.
I don’t think it’s a discount… they just jack up their price and give you 30%…. I watched a YouTube video from earlier this year and he stated he got the mat for ~$100 or below…
Plus I don’t think they can compete with 3D max at their full price.

They’ve been quite active on the forum the past two weeks but did not answer two emails asking to cancel. Paypal dispute filed.

As said above, the discounts are a gimmick. Many of the identical items can be found under different brands elsewhere online.