Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah after multiple requests and no response just chargeback on your CC and let Teslashield deal with the repercussions. Their fault for poor business practices. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen them on blast here on the forum, they’ll never get my business.
I am so sorry our response was so slow. We have been having an overwhelming response to our products and sell out of them very quickly. Unfortunately, we are having some difficulties with our shipping companies in receiving our products. We are in the process of making some changes to avoid this in the future. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

We were never going to ship out in august. Those mats that are on the way to our warehouse were produced in august, hence august production on the title of the product

If you are going to get cheeky, make sure you state the correct info. I am all for it and can admit when I am wrong...but that looks like the word "Ship" to me. Maybe I missing something.

1634232855320.png

My problem hasn't been so much the lack of response but the type of communication being sent out. Responding with "will be sent out soon!" or "we have them in stock" and not getting a shipping notice or communication has been the frustrating part.

I think we can understand shipping issues outside of their control but up front communication they can control.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014-141218_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211014-141218_Gmail.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 69
If you are going to get cheeky, make sure you state the correct info. I am all for it and can admit when I am wrong...but that looks like the word "Ship" to me. Maybe I missing something.

View attachment 721451
Sorry, I made a mistake. I meant to say that we produced and shipped out mats to our warehouse in august. We understand that this may have caused some confusion and we have since changed that and we have added a announcement bar on our site that we update every week to make sure there isn’t anymore confusion. Right now our august ship mats already got released by customs are are on its way to our warehouse. We expect to deliver orders in less than two weeks.

My problem hasn't been so much the lack of response but the type of communication being sent out. Responding with "will be sent out soon!" or "we have them in stock" and not getting a shipping notice or communication has been the frustrating part.

I think we can understand shipping issues outside of their control but up front communication they can control.
My partner was referring to our model 3 front trunk mats which we did ship out. I remember seeing this email forwarded to me. I know I shipped out your mat. Please let me know
Your order number and will contact you privately.

Hi guys,

I can personally say I had nothing but a great experience with TShields. They're not perfect, matter fact no manufacturer is ever perfect unless you've been in the industry for over 10+ years.

There are worldwide shipping delays and a lot of these are shipping importing/exporting docks. I have a friend who has a trucking business and export/import business, it's backed up everywhere.

I'm sure they're strapped for resources to update the website and quantity allocation.

There's always room for improvements and after speaking with the owners, they own up to their mistakes which is important.

No need to bash. Let's be patient and enjoy our products.

View attachment 721451
I apologize for the confusion and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will make sure in the future we will let our customers know when they should be expecting our products.

WOW. This thread is brutal.... Don't worry @tshields .... I am standing with you. I am in Los Angeles and the shipping logistics have been a issue for months now and its not just the ships but the trucking and warehouse storage as well. If a large multi-billion dollar companies cannot avoid these problems ... how can we expect you too. I completely understand your an small business with limited resources. In Los Angeles ... I cannot even go to a Chili's after 7pm on a Sunday during Football season as they are closed due to staffing problem. Things are tough right now, we all just need to be patient and understanding.

WOW. This thread is brutal.... Don't worry @tshields .... I am standing with you. I am in Los Angeles and the shipping logistics have been a issue for months now and its not just the ships but the trucking and warehouse storage as well. If a large multi-billion dollar companies cannot avoid these problems ... how can we expect you too. I completely understand your an small business with limited resources. In Los Angeles ... I cannot even go to a Chili's after 7pm on a Sunday during Football season as they are closed due to staffing problem. Things are tough right now, we all just need to be patient and understanding.
Its a really tough and cut throat business. Imagine what my emailbox and phone looks like? I had to hire someone the other day to help go through thousands of emails because of the sheer volume and Im the only one that's running the day to day operations. Not seeking pitty though I love what I am doing and wouldn't give this up for the world. Being a first time business owner the most important thing I have learned is that everyday is a learning experience.

Just going to chime in here because I think a lot of the criticism has been unfair here.

I placed my back order for the mats in august beginning of September, and I don’t feel as though we’ve been misled. Every communication I’ve received from Tesla Shields has stated that we were looking at an Oct-Nov delivery for these mats. The title was worded a little odd, but the disclaimer on the page made the ship date pretty clear.

Jason has answered me every time I’ve emailed, and considering the number of these things they’re sending out…. It’s a lot for 1 guy to be doing by themself.

Can we cut him some slack and not condemn this business right out of the gate? container trackers were posted, and we’ve been getting updates on a weekly if not daily basis since August. I’m still amped to be getting 3D molded car mats for literally half the cost you can find them anywhere else; maybe let’s all be a little patient and wait until the end of the timeline we were told before we start raising pitchforks?

The only suggestion I can make to the Tesla shields team (Jason, lol) is to find a more direct Avenue of contacting customers. The updates here are great, but it does require a little bit of digging to get to them. Maybe add a product updates section to the site where stuff like this can get posted?

Reactions: tshields
We are doing the very best we can. There are many ships with cargo at a stand still off the California coast. Unfortunately, some of our products are stuck on those ships. We are trying to keep our customers up to date on the progress of our shipments. Thank you for your suggestions regarding updates. I will try harder on updating everyone of our customers. Product update section on our site is an excellent idea - Thank you.

It took someone creating an account on here for you to respond. Then it took you a whole week to respond. Then you downvoted everyone who made a comment on your poor customer experience.

That’s “the best you can”? Well, don’t do your best. The consensus is your best isn’t good enough.

Instead, do my best.
Updates have been being posted on the top of the site for quite a while, and in all honesty, is a week turn around from a 1 man show bad? I’ve seen bigger companies (Dbrand, Apple, etc) have longer turn around times. You need to remember this guy ordered thousands of these mats and they sold out, lol. It’s quite the circus he is running as you can probably imagine

Reactions: tshields
Updates have been being posted on the top of the site for quite a while, and in all honesty, is a week turn around from a 1 man show bad? I’ve seen bigger companies (Dbrand, Apple, etc) have longer turn around times. You need to remember this guy ordered thousands of these mats and they sold out, lol. It’s quite the circus he is running as you can probably imagine
Honestly, I've been watching their threads just for the laughs.

I was first interested in their products, but then when I saw how they interacted with each other, there was no way I was going to order from them. It's two people and sounds like one of their parents is supplying some of the upfront money (which is fine if you have rich parents, w/e to that). You can tell how their business practices are going to be when you see how one blames the other and then the other blames the website, customers, anyone/everyone else (i.e. not their fault as a company).

If you're constantly being a dick to your business partner, there's no way in hell you're going to be decent to your customers. I'm sorry, it's just not going to happen. I say that because, without internal communication (which you can clearly see there was very little) the business is going to suffer, badly.

Stop blaming customers, stop blaming your website, stop blaming your website "guy", stop being a dick to your business partner. Stop externally showing your lack of communication inside your business, make sure you both are on the same page about posts when responding to customers regarding their order. If this were a high school, that shyyt would fly... this isn't high school, stop acting like kids if you're going to try to run a business.

One of the people in the business (I think Jason is the name?) should just stop posting, because he's one of those people who just want to deflect and dodge blame, stop posting, you're making your business look like shyyt. Bottom line is control your outbound communications if your going to run a company.

To everyone that ordered and are now pissed, I get it, but ffs, turn on the news to see the backup at the ports or something. I'm sure they expected to ship sooner, I'm sure they thought they were going to ship sooner. I think it was a critical business fail to give a shipping dates without having the product at least out of the factory. You could have easily said this was a "Pre-order" with perspective dates "between X and Y" and had ONE person from your company give updates in a clear and concise manor (i.e. not rant at customers or claim their lying about dates that were clearly screenshot on your site).

Honestly, I've been watching their threads just for the laughs.

I was first interested in their products, but then when I saw how they interacted with each other, there was no way I was going to order from them. It's two people and sounds like one of their parents is supplying some of the upfront money (which is fine if you have rich parents, w/e to that). You can tell how their business practices are going to be when you see how one blames the other and then the other blames the website, customers, anyone/everyone else (i.e. not their fault as a company).

If you're constantly being a dick to your business partner, there's no way in hell you're going to be decent to your customers. I'm sorry, it's just not going to happen. I say that because, without internal communication (which you can clearly see there was very little) the business is going to suffer, badly.

Stop blaming customers, stop blaming your website, stop blaming your website "guy", stop being a dick to your business partner. Stop externally showing your lack of communication inside your business, make sure you both are on the same page about posts when responding to customers regarding their order. If this were a high school, that shyyt would fly... this isn't high school, stop acting like kids if you're going to try to run a business.

One of the people in the business (I think Jason is the name?) should just stop posting, because he's one of those people who just want to deflect and dodge blame, stop posting, you're making your business look like shyyt. Bottom line is control your outbound communications if your going to run a company.

To everyone that ordered and are now pissed, I get it, but ffs, turn on the news to see the backup at the ports or something. I'm sure they expected to ship sooner, I'm sure they thought they were going to ship sooner. I think it was a critical business fail to give a shipping dates without having the product at least out of the factory. You could have easily said this was a "Pre-order" with perspective dates "between X and Y" and had ONE person from your company give updates in a clear and concise manor (i.e. not rant at customers or claim their lying about dates that were clearly screenshot on your site).
@labmixz I suspect this post will either be downvoted, “reported” and/or deleted by those collecting vender fees.
@qdeathstar

We have been having a greater amount of sales than projected. So, our turn around time has been slow due to the shipping problems many companies have been having. We have been having great difficulties in receiving information from our shippers as to when our products will be arriving at port. Thank you for the constructive criticism regarding the Pre-Order dates. Our shipper had given us a date but were unable to deliver our products to the port. Unfortunately, these are trying times for any company that manufactures products outside the United States.
We hope our new and existing customers will be happy with our mats once they receive them.

I got my MYP on 9/1 & continue to shop for floor mats, among other accessories. Tesla Shields' nonsense on this forum led me to cross them off my list early on. Maybe a good product, but just seem a bit too flaky for me to deal with.
I apologize for giving you that impression. We are a young company trying to straighten things out in these difficult times due to shipping products from overseas. We are anxious to please our customers and we are developing better communications to keep everyone up to date as to when they will be receiving their merchandise. We hope you will give us a chance in the future.

We are not a shady business just a small business trying to navigate through the shipping issues all the other companies are having right now.

I apologize for the delay in your return. Please email us at [email protected] with your order number and make sure "Calvi" is in the subject title so I can research why you haven't gotten your refund and I will make sure it is taken care of today.
Calvi,
As of today, we have not received an email from you with your order number and "Calvi" as the subject title so we can research why you have not gotten your refund. If we do not hear from you then we can assume you have received it.