Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shop shipping times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the 14-50 connector was in stock a few weeks back and decided to put in an order. Here is my experience on order/delivery times:

June 17 I ordered: NEMA 14-50, NEMA 5-20 and Aero Wheel Cap Kit
June 20: Aero Wheel Cap shipped and arrived June 25 (no tracking number was provided)
June 26: NEMA 14-50 shipped and arrived June 28 (tracking number was provided)

Still no word on the NEMA 5-20 but I'm not in a rush (likely ordering the Model 3 next month) so I'm okay with a bit of waiting. For those that have waited weeks and needed the part I can only imagine your frustration with the shipping times and lack of ability to get updates.

Another piece of recent data:
Car - ordered 25 May, took delivery 14 June in Montreal
Ordered accessories from the Tesla Web Shop 2 June and the times were as follows:
M3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit - shipped 7 June, arrived 10 June, with tracking
M3 Frunk Mat - shipped 7 June, arrived 13 June, with tracking
M3 Lightning Cable - shipped 16 June, arrived a couple days later, no tracking
L2 Wall Charger (short cord) - shipped 23 June, arrived 26 June, tracked and the only item that had to be signed for.
M3 Trunk Mat - shipped 28 June, arrived yesterday 2 July, with tracking
M3 Interior Mats - shipped 29 June, arrived yesterday 2 July, with tracking

So, it is a bit longer than the advertised 2-3 weeks, and communication is terrible (CC charged on order, only automated reply to a query I made after 3 weeks by email, no way to check status online) but it all DID eventually ship. It looks from the origin data that maybe some items are drop shipped direct from the manufacturer, so I'm kind of assuming here their OEMs for floor mats and such (Weathertech I gather) just didn't anticipate Tesla's very significant production ramp this quarter.

Related, I'm really seeing a LOT of M3's around my area of Quebec lately - I know some of this is psychology, one notices what one just bought, but today on the way to work down Highway 5 I was the tail of a string of three black Model 3's all in a row looking like a little EV convoy going down the road for a short distance, that was kind of fun!

Reactions: malou
Hey guys so I ordered the floor mats, front/rear trunk mats, wheel cap kits from the Tesla shop like a week ago.
Today still no shipping confirmation. From your experience, how long does it take for the items from tesla shop to arrive?
Tesla uses fedex ground for their all orders which need to be use carefully. If you order phone from US and you are in Canada they shipped via express but if you order Tesla let’s say charger then they send via fedex ground which take 15 days to Canada which is not right. We all living in technology way and Tesla must speed up such things . Source part to nearest location and speed up
The process

I've had orders, all ordered online, arrive via both FedEx Ground and FedEx Express. The smaller, cheaper items seemed to have shipped via Ground, and the larger, more expensive items (such as my Wall Charger) seemed to ship by Express.

Tip: If you return something bought online, be patient. I've returned the USB cable when I found out they can't be used for media playback (What's the point then, I'll just get the wireless charger...). They received it August 22nd and I still haven't received the refund on my credit card.

Tip: If you return something bought online, be patient. I've returned the USB cable when I found out they can't be used for media playback (What's the point then, I'll just get the wireless charger...). They received it August 22nd and I still haven't received the refund on my credit card.

Update, I just got an email saying they process my return and the reverses charges will appear on my credit card in 7-10 business days...
Fun fact, I canceled the order before it was shipped to me in the first place, but I still got it...

I did, before I got the email I mentioned. They replied within 5 mins saying the process was "in process". not so helpful. At that rate I should have just keep those 20$ cables...
Hmm ok. Not overly reassuring haha. I returned a chademo adapter at the beginning of the month and still nothing for me. I emailed them and they said to wait some additional time. Annoying...

Anyone know what the current time is on shipping items from shop? We order the roof rack a few days ago and I hate that it never/doesn’t give an estimated time of arrival. We’re trying to plan a kayak trip based on arrival so if anyone recently bought the roof rack, how long did it take to get to you?

I've got 3 separate orders in transit (to Ontario, Canada) at the moment:

1st order (USB cable kit): ordered 5 July; shipped 6 July; expected delivery date 14 July
2nd order (Wheel cap kit); ordered 11 July; shipped 12 July; expected delivery date 20 July
3rd order (Homelink module); ordered 11 July; shipped 12 July; expected delivery date 20 July

Even though I (stupidly) ordered the wheel cap kit and the Homelink kit as two separate orders, Tesla linked the shipments and FedEx shows the same tracking numbers for both orders which is nice.

Reactions: akidesir