Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shows off Model 3 at party in the Stanford showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an extra invitation... :cool:
Model 3 Palo Alto.JPG

Curious about that too. Maybe we'll get an invitation to a closer showroom event or wonder if there will be cars at a number of the showrooms soon. Still would love a test drive. Thanks for posting. And appreciate the KTVU video link as well. I watch that station in the morning and guessing they might rerun that segment tomorrow a.m.

Last edited:
I actually got a phone call invite for a showing at the SC in St. Louis a month ago or so, and then they ended up cancelling it because they got too many people rsvp (so I was told). Was just in the SC earlier this week and asked if they were going to reschedule and the manager said "I doubt it, none of the other SCs are doing it....."

Tesla Model 3 makes its way to showrooms in LA and SF Bay Area for public viewing

First Tesla Model 3 display cars are going to LA and Palo Alto Friday

Have CBS on right now and they just did a commercial break news promo about the Model 3 being able to be viewed at Tesla's Stanford Shopping Center gallery. Story at noon. Nice press for Tesla I guess and understandable news story since so many reservation holders are located here and might want to see it in person before configuring. Wish there was a test drive available.

Last edited:
Ok, so it looks like Century City car is Midnight Silver with Sport Wheels
So is the Palo Alto car.

I was at the Palo Alto shopping center Tesla Showroom an hour ago and saw the Model 3 they have there. This is the first day it has been shown to the public. VIN 3345. The car looked stunning, and it is my least favorite color of the choices currently available. There was a line to sit in the drivers seat. Of course I waited in line. Took my time using the screen interface. It’s really quite nice, very responsive. Seats feel great. Tons of headroom in the front. I am 6’2”. I also sat in the rear and had at least 2” of clearance. Obviously the all glass roof helps in that regard. Opening and closing the doors felt good, movement was easy. Opening and closing the trunk (which looks pretty large for a car this size, and of course there is the under-the-floor space as well) was also easy, as was the frunk. Panel fit looked great to me.

I do understand the complaints about the quality of the rear view camera image. It doesn’t appear to be as sharp as my X, and the fish eye effect seems more extreme. I hope it can be improved.

I do like the two steering wheel buttons for adjusting the side mirrors and the steering wheel position. I hope that in the future they will be programmable like the S/X.

This is not my first time seeing a 3 up close and not my first time sitting in one, but this time I did have the opportunity to use the screen interface and really examine the car. I am extremely impressed. I expect that Tesla will be able to sell as many of these as they can make even when they are producing more than 10,000/week. The Model 3 is going to fundamentally change the global automobile industry.

D2214935-5246-47FE-8DDE-222ED6D12A8A.jpeg

53503BEB-2187-496B-BF7F-C92A4326D5C1.jpeg

2711A6F7-8870-45CC-9057-A97F936BC090.jpeg

Did you make it out to You You's thing in Bellevue today?

I just got back from it. I didn't drive, but did get to sit in it and check out the (f/t)runks. I'm now even more confident it can replace my STI as my DD.

Nice guy. Answered questions for the crowd for about an hour.
Sadly no - I had a meeting in the U-District that I was expecting to leave early enough to catch him in the U-Village. When he changed to Bellevue, my plans were ruined, lol.

Do you have any experience with car seats? I'm dying to know if the backseat could fit 2 rear facing car seats with a 6' driver and passenger comfortably seated up front.